Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

you can pay the carrier moar, or you do as I did and jailbreak your iPhone using limera1n and then installing MiFi. Instant hotspot. I did this to my at&t iPhone 3GS, in part so I could us it out of the US with local simcard. Have not done this to my Verizon ip4 but should be the same process.

in Korea you don't even have to pay more or jailbreak for it; it's actually encouraged by one of the companies to use it instead of wired internet for some reason that I forgot

2. dmash

dmash Senior member

Freemans, artichoke, momofuku, spurn ramen, ippudo ramen, porchetta, peels for brunch without a doubt.

Thanks a lot Scott, how are prices at all these places?

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

4. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Thanks a lot Scott, how are prices at all these places?

Supposed to say souen. And they're all affordable, momofuku is the highest end.

5. Meis

Meis Senior member

how quick does inventory usually deliver? if i order saturday can i expect it to arrive ... monday/tuesday? i thought i remember reading that they are very quick

Insanely quick, so yeah you can expect it mon/tue.

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

does anyone have any short observations/tips on Man of Moods and if it's good clothing...quality, design, construction, price points. the sizing is so fucked up on blue owl. a size 1 (small) hoodie saying a 38" chest and 16.23" shoulders is weird for a MIJ label imo.

edit; being they've been on the site, on sale, for like a year+ probably isnt a good sign based on experience.

7. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Supposed to say souen. And they're all affordable, momofuku is the highest end.
    yo TGI fridays in penn station costs more than a lot of the places scott mentioned.

8. sipang

sipang Senior member

Canada Post is killing me right now. In kop limbo for a bunch of stuff, want to buy shit but want to see how my other purchases work out first [​IMG]

God damnit NDP.

+ [​IMG]

So, I need to get something to teh Canada quick. I just looked up UPS/Fedex/DHL rates and it'd cost me at least €140 from Belgium, WTF shit is insane.

Anyone got any other ideas ?

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

yo TGI fridays in penn station costs more than a lot of the places scott mentioned.

Oh hell yea, sounds great then. Just double checking, it's just me and a couple friends, we're not trying to ball out or anything, just hanging out.

10. dmash

dmash Senior member

So, I need to get something to teh Canada quick. I just looked up UPS/Fedex/DHL rates and it'd cost me at least €140 from Belgium, WTF shit is insane.

Anyone got any other ideas ?

Lol, that's all the companies there are?

11. ice86x

ice86x Senior member

Hate those date bubbles.

On another note.....going to NYC in a couple weeks.....surprisingly I've been to a lot of different countries but never to NYC. Staying in East Village with a friend......anything in particular I should check out (non-fashion related)? Also looking for some good electronic music venues if anybody would like to throw out some suggestions. Venues more true to the music, not 'poppy' super vocal, hip hop remixed shit.

artichoke is basically a hole in the wall and you'll probably have to wait 30 min to get your pizza but it'll be the best pizza you ever had.

also, indian food in the east village is a must. my favorite place is banjara

12. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

mamoun's for that late nite felafel jawn. tacobell pizza hutt 4 dat fourthmeal.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

tacobell pizza hutt
    Pics or it didn't happen

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

artichoke is basically a hole in the wall and you'll probably have to wait 30 min to get your pizza but it'll be the best pizza you ever had.

also, indian food in the east village is a must. my favorite place is banjara

My buddy actually mentioned going to an Indian place....will check out Banjara! and yes, I do believe I'm going to check out Artichoke. Really want a good sushi place as well (again though nothing super expensive).

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

all intl shipping is rape now. I just paid $65 to ship something to France. like 2x what it was last year it seems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.