Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Wanna buy a lot of stuffs from a sufu seller, but he has neg rep, and all his threads are just him bumping them, he seems to have no feedback whatsoever. Do I dare take the plunge?

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I'm so uneducated about all three of those items. Would a Michigan SF meet-up be the least stylish SF meet-up ever from a strictly geographical perspective?

edit: no wait, I think some people visited robbie once.

No we will go to a burned down house on warren for ultimate post-apocalyptic setting. Wear your OV tee and bring some animal crackers. I'm in wisconsin right now can bring some cheese from shibbel's goat farm. B is half cuban and can roll fresh tobacco for us. Excellent [​IMG]

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

Wanna buy a lot of stuffs from a sufu seller, but he has neg rep, and all his threads are just him bumping them, he seems to have no feedback whatsoever. Do I dare take the plunge?
    negative feedback is not an indication of the possible selling experience on sufu.

4. porschemad911

porschemad911 Senior member

I can see $25. Espresso back in LA goes for $2-$6 depending on the coffee bar. At least for me, my machine paid for itself in a couple of weeks, I mean, several months.

Yeah, I paid $1300 for a Rancilio Rocky machine / Silvia grinder combo about 3 years ago now. Man that was painful at the time (stepping up from $1xx machines) ... but 3 years later I have to say, so worth it.

Has easily paid for itself ... virtually never have coffee out any more, except if travelling and know of a highly-renowned cafe that I just have to try. Plus, combined with some decent, freshly roasted beans (my special reserve coffee subscription costs $10 a week and supplies me and my fiance with plenty -- random allocation each time is a lot of fun), a big step up in quality from buying out as well. Depends what's nearby to you of course.

I do have to say though, for coffee easily the best value is my travel kit. Aeropress + filter disc + Kyocera ceramic burr hand grinder was like $130 on a special combo deal, and with afore-mentioned fresh beans, the flavour is wonderful! Different to espresso, but so yum. I look forward to having coffee in hotel rooms now when I'm travelling [​IMG]

5. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

These Junya all white sorel's are dope! [​IMG]

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Yeah, I paid $1300 for a Rancilio Rocky machine / Silvia grinder combo about 3 years ago now. Man that was painful at the time (stepping up from $1xx machines) ... but 3 years later I have to say, so worth it.
    Kind of contemplating that plunge, but I do fine with my current machine, I just enjoy the experience

7. afc345

afc345 Senior member

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I do have to say though, for coffee easily the best value is my travel kit. Aeropress + filter disc + Kyocera ceramic burr hand grinder was like $130 on a special combo deal, and with afore-mentioned fresh beans, the flavour is wonderful! Different to espresso, but so yum. I look forward to having coffee in hotel rooms now when I'm travelling [​IMG]

This intrigues me. I may have to research further. At home I just have a conical burr grinder (I forget the brand, but it was really cheap, like $90 on sale) and a ceramic drip cone. Makes decent coffee with the light roast I get from Whole Foods and unbleached paper filters.

Also, it's starting to sound like seeing Fucked Up on Sunday may be a necessity rather than a choice.

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

That makes NO difference on SuFu. I'm the same way over there, I've sold nothing on there, and 2 guys got mad because I wouldn't sell them shit at like 50% off my asking price so they neg'd me. Ask if he has feedback elsewhere that he can supply........and if you're paying by paypal you're always covered.

10. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

From Rick Owen's new collection: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You know... something about these looks extremely fucking comfortable. I might have to start shopping at Forever 21 and see if I can ape this... And I love in the top pic that one of the guys on the sides is wearing Rick sneakers. [​IMG] Maybe that's kinda like wearing the band you're going to see's t-shirt...

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

fuck dont do this to me, those were some of the worst looks from the show. [​IMG]

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

that reminds me of equilbrium the movie

13. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Honestly, I think it's cool, in that dystopian sci-fi future way. But, I like the top halves, but if you just had pants in the same textures/materials instead of the tunics, it'd be much more wearable. Unless we want to bring a little Baghdad to LA and if I wanted that, I'd go hang with the cabbies in front of the Bev Center... [​IMG]

14. Desi

Desi Senior member

I don't think most people would take it as fashion dress and see you as just a practitioner of Islam.

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Givenchy SS 2012 via MRPORTER, who call this "surf, 50s style prints and a west coast vibe."

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.