Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Anyway that discussion is kind of boring, so an actual random fashion thought: when I embarked on my winter wardrobe project (which was to take the militaristic aspect and re-direct it somewhere darker) I made a conscious decision NOT to make it end up being black on black on charcoal on black. And yet it seems to be drifting that way anyhow. It seems like the stuff I find that I like always ends up being monochrome, possibly as a result of that just being largely what's out there. TGFDrkshdw, at least.
    You can mix in browns, teals (petrol blue is good) and olives with gray and washed black. There are any number of non-primary colors that go well with charcoals and black. I am finding myself wearing more and more blues and browns along with black and (more often,) charcoal.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'm not going to defend the branding, which is really a matter of personal preference (and I do not prefer it,) nor defend their money grab items (t-shirts, sneakers, etc...) for which the markups are ridiculous.

However, the classic luggage and their collections are tremendous. There are very few factories who can do the manufacture they demand. I'd say that Hermes is pretty much the ultra ne plus for materials and manufacture though, in terms of materials and manufacture.

I'm bringing this up mainly as a counter to all the people who say that brands like MA+, etc... are so amazing. Yes, they are very experimental, and they have a very strong sense of identity. But they don't come close to the sheer technical wizardry of some of the traditional luxiry brands.

I do enjoy their vintage luggage and their more historical offerings. With that being said ,however, I'd much rather look at z halliburton, globetrotter and valextra instead which is my really my steez.

3. LA Guy

I do enjoy their vintage luggage and their more historical offerings. With that being said ,however, I'd much rather look at z halliburton, globetrotter and valextra instead which is my really my steez.

Valextra is a favorite of mine, terrible name notwithstanding. But the LV collections are pretty solid. iirc, FW11 design was headed by Marc Jacobs in collaboration with one of the guys who does Lanvin (I think - but don't quote me on that one.) It looked wearable but not boring, which is a fine line to tread.

4. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I want one of those tattoo'd LV bags from last (this?) year... But I don't want to drop 8Gs on it [​IMG]

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

saw a guy with an old lv luggage/carry on last year in the terminal, had his dad's initials. then he had his own with his initials. it was a well traveled luggage for sure. nice to see generational things..

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

^I personally wouldn't carry something like that so easily identifiable (for theft reasons) unless I had my own private well jet.

I don't mind the valextra name plus I like the fact most people haven't heard of it.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Pretty sure I just broke my foot. Can't work with a broken foot. :Fu:

8. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

not even frontin - i thought yall were talking about the herpes medication

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Ha. Valtrex?

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Ha. Valtrex?

Shit I knew that was so familiar. Couldn't pinpoint exactly though

11. LA Guy

Valextra sounds like some sort of male enhancement drug to me. That, or a laxative.

12. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Ha. Valtrex?
    yeah. these italians need to come up with some new shit to fuck wit. call it Gardalisa.

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

yeah. these italians need to come up with some new shit to fuck wit. call it Gardalisa.
    Extra credit and color me impressed if that was a planned joke. Gardasil is an HPV vaccine.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

Valextra sounds like some sort of male enhancement drug to me. That, or a laxative.

That's because the FDA has programmed that into your brain.

15. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.