Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

what the fuck is 'dressy casual'?

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

As opposed to MMM1 MMM014 MMM10 MMM14 MMM22 MMM6 etc.?

Do those all actually count as separate lines? Thought it was just a cute branding thing.

Yeah, I thought those were just different categories of clothing (like, purses would go under one number, men's pants would go under a different number, women's shoes would go under yet another number).

what the fuck is 'dressy casual'?

No such thing. Now, 'dressy smart evening casual', that's something. If you don't already know what it means, though, I'm not going to be the one to tell you.

3. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Do those all actually count as separate lines? Thought it was just a cute branding thing.

MMM6 kind of is; it's women's diffusion. I think 0 is artisanal, 10 is repro and 14 is mens? I gave up tracking it a long time ago.

NB junkies should get these instead. Made much better than anything I've seen NB produce. Plus it won't offend those with labeling sensitivities!

4. asdfkie

asdfkie Member

GUYS I really need your opinion on this one.

So I'm a 16-year-old guy and a friend bought me this pair of high-cut adidas sneakers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally if I came across this pair in a store I would not have bought them, but I feel kinda bad not wearing them so I was wondering what you all thought about them. I've changed the laces to orange, which make them look better, but I'm not so sure about the patterns on the sides which look a little flowery from far. What do you think?

Also since I've never worn high-cut sneakers in my life I'm not sure how to match them with other clothes. Would they look awkward if I didn't wear jeans or long pants over them? If not, do I wear ankle socks with them?

And what are some clothes that would look good with this pair of sneakers?

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it. [​IMG]

5. macuser3of5

I think they're dope.. Wear with skinny jeans or shorts and a toj Harrington or leather bomber. Maybe a fitted cap of some kind.

6. asdfkie

asdfkie Member

I think they're dope.. Wear with skinny jeans or shorts and a toj Harrington or leather bomber. Maybe a fitted cap of some kind.

Thanks, but I forgot to mention that I live in a country where it's summer all year long, plus I don't wear skinny jeans. But helpful advice since I'll be going overseas on holiday in November. Thanks man.

7. macuser3of5

Lightweight Fred perry type jacket and simple shorts in that case.

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

MMM6 kind of is; it's women's diffusion. I think 0 is artisanal, 10 is repro and 14 is mens? I gave up tracking it a long time ago.

NB junkies should get these instead. Made much better than anything I've seen NB produce. Plus it won't offend those with labeling sensitivities!

ive always thought that nb junkies should grab a pair of BW x Campers

i could see ednob in these:
    http://sevennewyork.com/men/mens-des...helm/s1bewm-06

i personally like these with tech stuff. might grab a pair one day if i can secure the right pants[​IMG]
    http://sevennewyork.com/men/mens-des...helm/s1bewm-06

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

ive always thought that nb junkies should grab a pair of BW x Campers i could see ednob in these: http://sevennewyork.com/men/mens-des...helm/s1bewm-06 i personally like these with tech stuff. might grab a pair one day if i can secure the right pants[​IMG] http://sevennewyork.com/men/mens-des...helm/s1bewm-06
    I was going nuts over these all spring, OC had them for $245 but I figured I would wait until sale season since my endless battle is me always buying sneakers and not getting to wear them, and they didn't seem to be moving too fast. Popped in the store the day the sale started and they were all gone in my size at all OC locations [​IMG] They looked REALLY good with the screenprinted pants Current season one is ok but I really like the combo of the camo with pink laces / caramel leather / orange soles, new one is just all gray and black and white.

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I added those to my svpply months ago. Never pulled trigger

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

yeah, im trying to get in touch with a user on sufu so i can grab some baller slushi pants[​IMG](lanvin wrinkled nylon) + the white bw's =BAWSE. rick ross grunt* edit: i posted the same link in my op. heres the white: http://sevennewyork.com/men/mens-des...helm/s1bewm-01

12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I added those to my svpply months ago. Never pulled trigger

Be thankful for that. They are pretty cool, but how often would you wear them?

13. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

yeah, im trying to get in touch with a user on sufu so i can grab some baller slushi pants[​IMG](lanvin wrinkled nylon) + the white bw's =BAWSE. rick ross grunt*

edit: i posted the same link in my op.

heres the white:

http://sevennewyork.com/men/mens-des...helm/s1bewm-01

Those white ones you linked are actually kind of awkward looking in person, the big strap kills it. (also OC has them for $275 if you really want them). I also had to size up one from my normal size so keep that in mind, but they're crazy comfortable.

Oki-Ni has the new ones that I was talking about when I mentioned white/black/grey

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Be thankful for that. They are pretty cool, but how often would you wear them?

Haha never, but frankly I own a lot of stuff I rarely wear. I gave up minimalism for lent and never looked back

15. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I need to buy a Bapex, visvim lumbar 8l and this junya down coat all before August is over. damn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.