Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desi

Desi Senior member

I hate it when anyone wears something I like! I am quite a selfish individual.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Let's not forget about a band you like getting popular, lame people watching your favorite show, or a random food trend you're into catching on with the general public.

Plebe/noob question: how do Gant shirts fit? Am I going to have to tailor the life out of a button-down if I want a reasonably slim fit?

3. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

Plebe/noob question: how do Gant shirts fit? Am I going to have to tailor the life out of a button-down if I want a reasonably slim fit?

Gant Rugger fits as slim as Gitman Brothers Vintage.

4. notwithit

Is there a difference between something labeled as Gant v. something labeled as Gant Rugger?

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I hate it when anyone wears something I like! I am quite a selfish individual.
    [​IMG]
    Gant Rugger shirts fit slim - easily comparable to a gitman, epaulet, etc. There is no billowing at the bottom. Also fit true to tagged size. small is probably 19-19.5" p2p, medium is 20-20.5" p2p, etc..(good fit on most people. I have somewhat broad shoulders and a decently strong taper to my waist and they fit me well off the rack).

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

kelv and I are saw tree of life last night with our ladies. we didn't talk about it so I don't know if they liked it. but it was quite an experience, I am still digesting. don't want to say too much, but at first I am also somewhat skeptical about the scope/ambition of the film, may have reached too far, though on the whole it felt pretty valiant, epic. I think it demands multiple viewings, there are too many intricacies with the various time warps, the sequencing of events, what "actually" happened. I did love all the affinities between natural organisms/scenes and man made stuff/interactions between people...lots going on. Deserves more credit than criticism is how I'll leave it for now.

7. notwithit

Ok, looks like Gant, Gant Rugger, and Gant by Michael Bastian are all different lines. Way to create brand confusion, Gant.

8. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I have no beef with anyone that can do it justice, but it truly is a label that requires more of it to back it up, it's not a "one piece here and there brand". When i only splashed it it looked weird and awkward, needs proper base pieces to work. (at least from my experience.)

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

yo major ups to scott and bows for their party sat night, was a real good time, look forward to hanging with you dudes again soon.

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

anyone know if user lebron james from sufu is on vacation or something?? hasnt been active in over a week and i need to kop something[​IMG]

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

He probably choked.

12. 1969

1969 Senior member

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

He probably choked.

Is it the 4th quarter? That might explain it.

[​IMG]

wade and bosh were clutch in the finals [​IMG]

14. afc345

afc345 Senior member

What is it with this season, I keep going through sales and stuff but every time I'm left all unimpressed with nothing impressing or interesting to be seen anywhere.

15. Desi

Desi Senior member

Don't know but I wish I had your restraint and lack of enthusiasm. I have to lock up my card hand whenever I find something I love. In tears (ok, not in tears) over here because I can't buy something that I want so damn badly too the point I already created a story involving the shorts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.