1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Senior member

as I was sitting in my fuzzy zamb, eating spaghetti, the advertisement on the bottom right on sf page started showing a video about making pasta

:paranoia:

2. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

3. aether

aether Senior member

can anyone give me some leads on pants that fit like this? I want to fuk with this silhouette. fuller cut with a strong taper and high rise, size 34-36

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  4. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Why does ASOS require my date of birth to place an order? Dumbest thing I've ever heard of, and they're not getting my money for that reason alone.

5. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

You don't have to tell the truth if you really don't want to? It's probably for demographic purposes anyway

6. Zack Dium

Zack Dium New Member

cool!

7. Zack Dium

Zack Dium New Member

Along with angelo flaccavento, Nick Wooster and Milan Vukmirovic, Mo Anwar is my GOD!

I found another and must say, a better photo of the last outfit on Vogue Japan:

[​IMG]

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I see this ish often with swedish brands like acne, hope, whyred, fifth ave shoe repair, etc. give one of those a try

1 person likes this.
  9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

why does it matter?

10. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Seeing as how the SNS Herning Stark has been one of the more beasted-over items on the forum as of late, I figured I could provide a quick write-up on the Amalgam cardigan:

- The overall length is definitely shorter, although it's still long enough for me at 6'1". I'd say it's a better option than the Stark for shorter guys. It's more of a normal sweater length relative to the elongated fit of the Stark
    - The collar is also shorter, which makes it a little easier to wear; the long collar is the one aspect of the Stark that I find a bit awkward.
    - Its still fine to size down for a slimmer fit (I have a 40" chest and a small in both models).
    - The buttons are at least as large as the buttons on the Stark.
    - The texture is really nice; I maybe like it even a little better than the texture on the Stark. The horizontal striping effect might not be for everyone, though.

tl;dr - Short guys, get this instead of a Stark. Taller guys, it's still fine to size down.

I'll post a fit pic when I get the chance.

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ive got a pair of viktor and rolf that have an extreme taper like that (but they've got an elastic hem)
    i think even marc jacobs did something similar to the CL you posted.

1 person likes this.
  12. snake

snake Senior member

13. sipang

sipang Senior member

Stupid babies

This is for tween

[​IMG]

I wish I'd koppt the long cardigan+trousers combo @ra13 when I had the chance....

14. GoldenTribe

I'm hoping that's the case, but I don't want to make something up only to have them verify it with my CC company (is that possible?) and then cancel my order when it doesn't match.

Haven't any other SFers ever bought from ASOS / been asked this?

It matters because they're already getting my address and full credit card details. Should I also give someone on the other side of the ocean my blood type and passport number so they can mail me a sweater? You should be curious why they want my DOB, not why I don't want to give it to them.

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

kent, i could see you doing something like this:

helmut lang 2010
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

17. sipang

sipang Senior member

Haven't ordered from Asos in ages but I'm pretty sure I had to give my birdthday too. I always make something up on the spot, I've done it with other stores too and never had any problem.

Protip: if you plan or re-ordering from the same store in the near future, give them a date of birth that's close-by, they might send you a coupon or smthg

1 person likes this.
  18. GoldenTribe

That's all I needed to hear, cheers! :slayer:

19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I've bought from ASOS before (returned everything :laugh: ), and I don't remember whether they asked for DOB. It's probably a) for market research or b) so they can send you a birthday greeting/coupon, maybe both.

If you want to be paranoid about how much organizations know about you, focus your paranoia on the major credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, Transunion).

1 person likes this.
  20. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

How do I make her my girlfriend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.