Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Would kill for the color changing jackets cheap

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Anyone ever carry a flask with them? If so, what kind?

Carrying a flask seems a little fratty, the sort of thing you do when you're underage or old enough not to give a shit, but if I were going to own one I'd prob spring for this one, which looks like it would be tactilely pleasing.

http://store.kaufmann-mercantile.com...s/pewter-flask

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Topman would be great if their shit was like 50-75% the price.

4. Desi

Desi Senior member

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

ugh bit loafers

6. APK

APK Senior member

Would kill for the color changing jackets cheap

Just got marked down at Forward today. They have a running 15 percent off code and free shipping, so not a bad deal.

7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

They have both of those. Pm me sizes and maybe I can proxy. I'm going back tomorrow

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Just got marked down at Forward today. They have a running 15 percent off code and free shipping, so not a bad deal.
    I really shouldn't.... and yet.... do want

9. APK

APK Senior member

They have both of those. Pm me sizes and maybe I can proxy. I'm going back tomorrow

Did they have the tees from this S/S? If so, do you remember how much they were?

I really shouldn't.... and yet.... do want

The high pockets are the only drawback for me. Otherwise, it's a dandy conversation piece as Stazy pointed out.

10. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Saw Lane's mom (grandma?) on the train tonight [​IMG] Then ate a badass ribeye and drank budweiser and kicked some stupid british kid's asses at foosball AMERICA

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I was in NYC a couple of weeks ago and went past Atelier not knowing much about the joint other than that I'd heard it mentioned...

I've got to say, I was taken aback but also found a deep new respect for and appreciation for 'fashion'. The stuff was beautiful, in a strange sort of way. It's like architecture for the body. I've got new respect for guys like Synethese and Snake and others who rock this stuff IRL. Of course I found it all too expensive, but the fabrics, cuts, sheer creativity really impressed me.

and then I walked in looking like a jcrew catalogue and saw the people working there, which was something interesting as well. See, just out on the street, I'd probably roll my eyes and go 'only in NY', but within the context, the store, the guys all looked perfectly at home. It's like they were part of a whole different world and I was the outsider there.

just an interesting experience.

12. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

http://www.mrporter.com/product/300301

I see you.

patiently waiting for another drop on that gucci shawl tux. tho i might just do it anyway (5).

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I was in NYC a couple of weeks ago and went past Atelier not knowing much about the joint other than that I'd heard it mentioned... I've got to say, I was taken aback but also found a deep new respect for and appreciation for 'fashion'. The stuff was beautiful, in a strange sort of way. It's like architecture for the body. I've got new respect for guys like Synethese and Snake and others who rock this stuff IRL. Of course I found it all too expensive, but the fabrics, cuts, sheer creativity really impressed me. and then I walked in looking like a jcrew catalogue and saw the people working there, which was something interesting as well. See, just out on the street, I'd probably roll my eyes and go 'only in NY', but within the context, the store, the guys all looked perfectly at home. It's like they were part of a whole different world and I was the outsider there. just an interesting experience.
    indeed atelier is a nice place to explore. i see you're in toronto, should hit up sydney's, a similar experience though he carries less directional pieces because nobody there would buy...but he's a nice guy and is getting into interesting projects too

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, atelier is quite an experience

15. dmash

dmash Senior member

yah, atelier is quite an experience

Lane when are you posting pics of the 'new Lane' that you were talking about a month ago? I wanna see some cool shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.