1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

decline coincided with the news of moving some production to n. africa just saying ......

2. Razele

Razele Distinguished Member

Dark grey suede would be baller as shit, though would like the white vibram sole more
    Yeah white vibram is nice but IDK if it goes with anything I have as it's abit workwear

Would probably wear like this in NY/LA early next year:

TOJ Black Bomber with shearling
    Schneider charcoal wool stole
    White broadcloth hidden placket buttonup
    Black Raw jawnz
    Trickers

I might PM Fok because he got some IIRC, might see what he thinks

3. dmash

dmash Distinguished Member

Is a good pair of black laceups as much of a 'staple' in one's wardrobe as MC likes to put it? Thinking about picking up some as I only have a pair of Paul Smith brown brogues that double up as my dress shoes/casual with jeans/button up every now and then. I feel brown looks best with almost everything but in some settings (meetings with professors, shadowing doctors, etc) that it might be more appropriate to be wearing some black laceups. Thoughts?

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

get some jil

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Out of curiosity, and whether you 'would want to' or not aside, do you have the ability to bend a nail into a wearable piece of jewelry? I do not.
    Right. The difference between him and you isn't any level craftsmanship, it's him having received a tool box for Christmas instead of a drapey hoodie.

6. bows1

bows1 Distinguished Member

this photo is awesome [​IMG] PS Isaora has some pretty cool stuff. Their fit is great too. Leather / Nylon jacket down lined? drool.

7. slack tide

slack tide Distinguished Member

Right. The difference between him and you isn't any level craftsmanship, it's him having received a tool box for Christmas instead of a drapey hoodie.
    Dude, I probably shouldn't even be responding to you, but is this really necessary? What's the real problem here....., actually the nail rings? For some reason, I think not. What does my drapey hoodie that I got got Christmas have to do with the nail rings? You're a real jerk, whodini.

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Distinguished Member

why you hatin'

9. slack tide

slack tide Distinguished Member

why you hatin'

+1..

seriously.

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Dude, I probably shouldn't even be responding to you, but is this really necessary? What's the real problem here....., actually the nail rings? For some reason, I think not. What does my drapey hoodie that I got got Christmas have to do with the nail rings? You're a real jerk, whodini.
    Like I said before, I've got nothing against his work and actually think it's great that he's got a substitute for an item that's inaccessible to most people. But someone called a spade a spade, ie, buying nails, and you trip out like they were making fun of a masterpiece you commissioned. Now you're continuing to take it as a personal attack instead of light ribbing as was clearly originally intended. I guess we can all see how seriously you take your $10 jewelery. I'm an ass because sometimes it's so easy to push a button instead of taking the piss. Uncontrol gets it, too.

12. phreak

phreak Distinguished Member

13. phreak

phreak Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    What do you think of the necklace? DP ugh

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Man, the women's McQueen silver fox/wool vest on LVA is so amazing [​IMG]

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

received from our local nail artisan..

[​IMG]

thanks man!

Yeah, I picked one up, too. I ended up filing down the tip a bit more just to make sure it doesn't catch on anything. Only one of them fits me particularly well, but it's the one I like the best (thicker nail with a thin head). I still want to adjust it a little...it's a tiny bit big on my left middle finger but too small for my right middle finger. I'll post a fit pic at some point this weekend. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.