Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

like the soles on the red ones. they would make me taller, lol.

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

crepe sole just makes no sense on a chunky boot like that. Would be frikken slippery and shit.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

love crepe sole

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Tried on this yellow rain slicker at barneys the other day. Was awesome but they only had M and i needed a S. Was great though. Can't remember the brand. Was workweary though. I thought it was wwm but it's not in their collection. Had a hood, hidden button placket, i dunno. Was dope though. Wonder how good it was at actually keeping rain away.

Anyone know the jacket brand or have experiences with it performing?

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

love crepe sole

every tried walking on wet tile/pavement with crepe though? bad experiences in my clarks db days...

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

yes, no problems except on ice

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

every tried walking on wet tile/pavement with crepe though? bad experiences in my clarks db days...
    the problem was specific to the footwear. i love to splish splash with crepe soles and going downhill becomes a breeze when there's snow on the ground. everything ok with the recent double-quake ?

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

yeah that's down in christchurch, but thanks for asking. no family down there either, fortunately.

It's not even about the damage any more, it's just that they keep coming. After the first 2 quakes last year and in February and the hundred or so fatalities, people were shocked but they we enthusastic about "rising up and out" and all that. spirits were high.

But they've been trying to rebuild for months now and the aftershocks are still coming. they're getting a bit fed up. a couple of insurance companies have gone under, and the CBD is still inaccessible. it's all a bit depressing really.

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Every Aussie I've spoken to even says, go to NZ nice vacation. I don't know about Raz but I still have reservations as to whether he's a spam bot. But how can I visit if it's like that ??

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

haha...that's just christchurch. It's pretty ironic since Christchuch is one of the few cities in NZ not on a faultline.

It's so weird cos everywhere else in the country is perfectly fine and somewhat oblivious.

It's also annoying because all of the Rugby World Cup games have had to be moved out of Christchurch...They're probably the most rugby mad city too. sucks. All the semi finals and the final will be in Auckland, at the stadium literally around the corner from my flat. Will be interesting.

11. robin

robin Senior member

12. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

[​IMG] are those kanken's in the background!?

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

iirc, tonio, the shirts seem to fit larger in the shoulders and tts everywhere else. i remember trying one just one native son shirt, was two-tone, and the shoulders were probably an inch to wide (size small) - probably 17 inches... but that's just one shirt i tried

Awesome, Briza. THe two tone from this current season? That's the answer I was hoping for so I appreciate that!

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

[​IMG] hype hype hype hype hype
    What would everyone think if we replaced the giant "N" with a D&G, Diesel, G-Star, or LV logo? I predict nobody here would accept it. Or what if we just remove the "N" entirely and have no logo? While there might initially be some acceptance among forum members, ultimately this design would be a failure too since the shoe might be mistaken as some generic colorful shoe from Walmart. Ultimately the NB logo is a key part of selling point (even for forum members here).

15. snake

snake Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.