Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

i mean, paypal asked me to file a police claim via email today. i paid with a debit card so i'm not sure if they'd be willing to do a chargeback :|

sweet, email your bank you'll be covered. dont even bother with paypal, waste of time. i once had a dispute, tried going through paypal for a month or so. gave up, emailed my bank and had the money in my account within half an hour.

2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

passed a guy on the street in Sendai , both of us wearing carpe diem shoes and geller outerwear, totally did a man double-take as we passed, and both of the girls we were with hit us at the EXACT same time because they thought we were checking them out

Got his number haha

3. robin

robin Senior member

Since this is styleforum, the next part of the story will involve a shoe circle with carpe diem shoes.

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

passed a guy on the street in Sendai , both of us wearing carpe diem shoes and geller outerwear, totally did a man double-take as we passed, and both of the girls we were with hit us at the EXACT same time because they thought we were checking them out

Got his number haha

lol, girls thinking they all that!![​IMG]

5. jwkicks

jwkicks Senior member

Anyone heading to OC sample sale today that would be willing to proxy?

6. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Got his number haha

haha that's an awesome story.

7. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

sweet, email your bank you'll be covered. dont even bother with paypal, waste of time. i once had a dispute, tried going through paypal for a month or so. gave up, emailed my bank and had the money in my account within half an hour.

oh, sweet. but i can't email my bank while the claim is open, right?

8. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

You don't understand. Whenever you paypal dispute if you go directly to the payment instrument (bank/credit card) they will resolve it for you much faster than paypal and will take care of you even when paypal rejects your claim. I have never heard of a situation where the payment instrument would not set you right, but paypal would. Picture a big circle with a little circle inside. Big circle is claims that bank/credit card will give you your money, little circle is paypal. Not much of a ven diagram.

Credit card especially there's not a whole lot a merchant/seller can do if you have even a valid claim your credit card will side with you. They are too big to care and paypal is too sheisty to match them on that. It's like car accidents. The system/law/police whatever pretty much just assumes that whoever is hind-most is at fault because it's not worth figuring out that stuff. Same thing with credit cards. My friends who run various small online businesses hate how this works because they've been burned by fake chargebacks many times, but accept it and factor it in as cost of doing business. Enough people apparently don't realize how this works, or aren't sheisty enough to abuse to really make it a huge problem...

9. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

You don't understand. Whenever you paypal dispute if you go directly to the payment instrument (bank/credit card) they will resolve it for you much faster than paypal and will take care of you even when paypal rejects your claim. I have never heard of a situation where the payment instrument would not set you right, but paypal would. Picture a big circle with a little circle inside. Big circle is claims that bank/credit card will give you your money, little circle is paypal. Not much of a ven diagram.

Credit card especially there's not a whole lot a merchant/seller can do if you have even a valid claim your credit card will side with you. They are too big to care and paypal is too sheisty to match them on that. It's like car accidents. The system/law/police whatever pretty much just assumes that whoever is hind-most is at fault because it's not worth figuring out that stuff. Same thing with credit cards. My friends who run various small online businesses hate how this works because they've been burned by fake chargebacks many times, but accept it and factor it in as cost of doing business. Enough people apparently don't realize how this works, or aren't sheisty enough to abuse to really make it a huge problem...

make sense. how about using cc payment via paypal as gift option to the seller? my thinking is it's probably better to pay paypal fees and not go through gift option. this way you're somewhat covered by paypal.

10. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

Got his number haha

too funny! how is Sendai coming along?

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

You don't understand. Whenever you paypal dispute if you go directly to the payment instrument (bank/credit card) they will resolve it for you much faster than paypal and will take care of you even when paypal rejects your claim. I have never heard of a situation where the payment instrument would not set you right, but paypal would. Picture a big circle with a little circle inside. Big circle is claims that bank/credit card will give you your money, little circle is paypal. Not much of a ven diagram. Credit card especially there's not a whole lot a merchant/seller can do if you have even a valid claim your credit card will side with you. They are too big to care and paypal is too sheisty to match them on that. It's like car accidents. The system/law/police whatever pretty much just assumes that whoever is hind-most is at fault because it's not worth figuring out that stuff. Same thing with credit cards. My friends who run various small online businesses hate how this works because they've been burned by fake chargebacks many times, but accept it and factor it in as cost of doing business. Enough people apparently don't realize how this works, or aren't sheisty enough to abuse to really make it a huge problem...
    No, what I'm asking is, since the claim is already open, do I have to wait it out or can I just call my bank while the claim is open? Can the bank reject my request if the paypal claim is already open?

12. ntn1779

ntn1779 Senior member

^ normally, you have to wait for paypal's decision before filing with your bank.

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Carrot fit or regular fit chinos

????

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

cross country bicycle trip was a failure. my buddy bailed before we got out of washington and my mom said I couldn't go alone (and I didn't really want to o it alone anyways, would have been sketched). so now I'm back home working all summer. I'm also broke as fuck.

15. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^regular, carrot fit is the most played out silhouette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.