Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Well, I just work in a warehouse, fuck living in one. That is some crust punk lifestyle steez.

Tell me about it. I sort of became an accidental crusty. The space is a legit bombed out warehouse that can only be legally rented as art studios.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

^ AA tanks are def the best budget option. you have a relatively athletic build right? Drape shouldnt be a problem.

Anybody tried the UO tees? They're cheap and some sort of tri-blend, and they look decent on the web site. Not sure whether that translates to being decent IRL.

the gf parental gravy train is the best gravy train.

Particularly when that gravy train stocks decent beer.

Allagash White (I assume it's the white, since that seems to be their most popular) isn't my favorite, and witbier isn't my favorite style, but it sure beats the hell out of whatever you'd expect someone's dad would buy (probably Shock Top, Blue Moon at best).

I just tried Bell's Oarsman this weekend (which is more of a weissbier) and was very impressed. It's mildly tart (not like a gueuze or anything), which makes it refreshing, and it's low enough in alcohol (4 - 4.5%, I think) that it's not going to make you horrifically dehydrated in hot weather.

3. brokejew

brokejew Active Member

Haaaaterrrzzzzz [​IMG]

For real though, the heat is one of the my favorite things about FL, forget winters and snow. I think some of you are making assumptions on FL saying it 'sucks' with only being to one or two cities. Definitely not representative of the whole state.

There's some aspects I don't like about FL such as how a lot of people aren't very 'progressive' with their thinking, but overall I enjoy the people I meet. Not so much for their ideas but their genuine honesty and niceness. I can't say the same for the majority of people I've met from up north.

+1
    fuck all this FL hate, just go watch the Finals and stop projecting.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Washington and British Columbia are the best in this regard since they have both the ocean and large mountains nearby. Nothing in California can compare with the geography of the coastal waters and islands here-- a quick look at any map reveals this. It is even possible to go swimming in the ordinarily cold salt water here. During the summer there are places between Vancouver Island and the mainland where the water temperature nearly feels like a bath tub.
    Agree with the first part, you've been brainwashed if you think the second. Middle of summer and the Sound water is still assrape cold (and I don't generally do lakes)

5. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I think I'm going to be living in baltimore next summer (taking a class, doing an internship). not looking forward to it.
    Baltimore gets a bad rep because of The Wire, which focuses on a very particular view of the city. But I have a friend who lived there for a couple years, and he assured me from real-life experience that it really is that terrible. [​IMG]

6. dmash

dmash Senior member

I've heard from a few people (that have extensively traveled and lived across the USA) that Baltimore and Detroit would be the two last cities they'd ever want to live in.

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I've been to both... [​IMG]

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I've heard from a few people (that have extensively traveled and lived across the USA) that Baltimore and Detroit would be the two last cities they'd ever want to live in.

what about buffalo, isnt it nicknamed "americas armpit" [​IMG]

9. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Had a bit of a nerdy moment at the bookstore today when I noticed the old Oki-Ni model staring at me from the cover of a magazine; I guess he's involved in LN-CC. There's a neat little feature on LN-CC in the most recent issue of Frame with some pretty good pictures of the inside of the store.

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

hmm, i might have read this..or maybe another article. ln cc is getting some press recently. will check out frame. thanks in other fashion news, i was reading art and auction; "collectors will be loubouton-clad everyday in may" ..or something like that[​IMG]

11. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

yo what the fuck is up chipotle, making burritos that explode when you take one bite out of them [​IMG]

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

back on that rapist - buzzcut swag.

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I don't know why you guys going on about Florida, looks fantastic to me:

[​IMG]

And a peak inside each garage shows environmental awareness:
    [​IMG]

argh that is fucking brutal

14. Tico

Tico Well-Known Member

RW it all depends on the person who makes it. Not to be racist, but everyone that isn't hispanic makes a pretty damn terrible burrito at Chipotle, haha.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

RW are you in NY? There's a Chipotle in chelsea that has some famous chef working for it that makes all of the meat fresh. It's pretty awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.