Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Ken's a great guy. PMed him about replacing a rivet that fell out of one of my jackets, but he didn't reply for a few weeks cause he was busy with the runway show. When he did though, he apologized for the delay, gave me a discount on new Krane stuff, and mailed me some new rivets.

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

I have a weird relationship with the beach. Living in Florida till I left for college, I was and in many ways still am pretty exhausted of all the things it has to offer. The beach is always beautiful and the ocean is always oddly comforting to me, but Florida as a place is a cultural wasteland and just an uncomfortable place in a lot of ways. I come back here to see my f and sometimes it's funny/nice to bump into old friends or whatever. But I get home, spend some time with the fam, and then proceed to play waiting game until I can head back up north again.
    yah, my time in florida was absolutely horrible. I use to live there myself. A cultural wasteland is the exact way to describe it. I had the same dilemma during highschool I would move back and forth to FL or DC every year or so. My time in florida was some of the worst ever. I wish I could live in such ignorance bliss myself, though. I'm quite envious...

3. g transistor

Come on, guys. Florida death metal and hardcore!

But yeah overall Florida sucks.

4. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

florida sucks on a major level. it's hot as balls here right now and it's only getting worse. avoid it at all costs.

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I don't know why you guys going on about Florida, looks fantastic to me: [​IMG] And a peak inside each garage shows environmental awareness: [​IMG]

6. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Come on, guys. Florida death metal and hardcore!

But yeah overall Florida sucks.

chug chug, chug chug

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Misquamicut?

sÃ.
    Oh shit. Went there tons of times as a kid. My favorite spot is Watch Hill, especially out on the point. There was an old Civil War fort out on the end, so you can usually find cool stuff on the beach. I grew up about 10 miles from there...

8. g transistor

chug chug, chug chug

Chug life, scott.

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

Haaaaterrrzzzzz [​IMG] For real though, the heat is one of the my favorite things about FL, forget winters and snow. I think some of you are making assumptions on FL saying it 'sucks' with only being to one or two cities. Definitely not representative of the whole state. There's some aspects I don't like about FL such as how a lot of people aren't very 'progressive' with their thinking, but overall I enjoy the people I meet. Not so much for their ideas but their genuine honesty and niceness. I can't say the same for the majority of people I've met from up north.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

ive lived in Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami, Tampa, Boca Raton and most of them suck with the exception of Boca and Miami. Its more of a cultural wasteland the more north you go, and the opposite the more south.

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

I wasn't referring directly to you. Why didn't you like Orlando? Sure it's based around tourism but there's certain parts of the city that are VERY nice and there's A LOT of stuff to do there.

Definitely agree with Tampa though.

12. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

holy shit dream life, would kill for an allagash right now. fuck this warehouse, NO AC.

Haha well after the vacation is up I might be living in a warehouse again. and yeah no AC. And it's in fucking Baltimore.

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Haha well after the vacation is up I might be living in a warehouse again. and yeah no AC. And it's in fucking Baltimore.

I think I'm going to be living in baltimore next summer (taking a class, doing an internship). not looking forward to it.

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Well, I just work in a warehouse, fuck living in one. That is some crust punk lifestyle steez.

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

I wasn't referring directly to you. Why didn't you like Orlando? Sure it's based around tourism but there's certain parts of the city that are VERY nice and there's A LOT of stuff to do there.

Definitely agree with Tampa though.

seems like a tourist playground just to visit, but not live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.