Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

I'm completely self sufficient, I guess thats why I scrape by at 21? who knows.
    I'm Scott. I've got a job and a relationship. I'm sooooooo cool.

By the way, bruh: all the Thom is mine. MINE AHAHAHHAHAA.

2. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I'm Scott. I've got a job and a relationship. I'm sooooooo cool.

By the way, bruh: all the Thom is mine. MINE AHAHAHHAHAA.

What'd you cop bitchass?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Do you ever backpack? I've been doing a lot of trips on the Appalachian trail in GA lately, have done about 55 miles over two trips. 35 miles the first time over 3 days (first time ever backpacking, was rough) and 20 over 2 days the next time.

It's amazing being in complete darkness and smoking some spliffs on a cliff face with my closest buds and actually being able to see the stars.

Yeah, I used to backpack a lot. I actually did some real mountaineering too (never was very good.) We tried to attack Denali once, but it was too late in the season, and weather did not cooperate, so we didn't get that far up. You don't want to mess with mountains.

Washington and British Columbia are the best in this regard since they have both the ocean and large mountains nearby. Nothing in California can compare with the geography of the coastal waters and islands here-- a quick look at any map reveals this.

It is even possible to go swimming in the ordinarily cold salt water here. During the summer there are places between Vancouver Island and the mainland where the water temperature nearly feels like a bath tub.

I know. A fair bit of my family lives in that region (my brother teaches at UBC,) and I love that area, especially in the spring and fall.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

its zzz? now i understand why it's all black ninja 24/7 for you (at least that's the impression i get). beach is amazing....who the hell doesn't like the beach? lol

Not a huge fan, I go sometimes to look at the sea or swim a little but it's not something I particularly care about.

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

what to look for in summer tanks? AA ones drape a little bit too feminine-ly. Ribbed maybe? Or Ringer?

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

^ AA tanks are def the best budget option. you have a relatively athletic build right? Drape shouldnt be a problem.

Yeah I'm not too in to the beach either. I like going to resort towns but prefer to spend my aquatic time in a pool.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I'm not a big beach fan either. But maybe it's because the Rhode Island beaches we go to suck.

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I have a weird relationship with the beach. Living in Florida till I left for college, I was and in many ways still am pretty exhausted of all the things it has to offer. The beach is always beautiful and the ocean is always oddly comforting to me, but Florida as a place is a cultural wasteland and just an uncomfortable place in a lot of ways. I come back here to see my f and sometimes it's funny/nice to bump into old friends or whatever. But I get home, spend some time with the fam, and then proceed to play waiting game until I can head back up north again.

9. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Going to Savannah on Friday with my gf's family and gonna stay on an island though, should be really nice. I gotta remember to use sunscreen on my tattoos though...

My gf's dad is getting a keg of Allagash (and fronting the bill for the house).

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

the gf parental gravy train is the best gravy train.

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Going to Savannah on Friday with my gf's family and gonna stay on an island though, should be really nice. I gotta remember to use sunscreen on my tattoos though...

Savannah has a decent scene for music cause of SCAD, Baroness and Circle Takes the Square both came from there and you might enjoy them. CTTS plays a few Savannah shows occasionally and I highly recommend it if you are able to catch one.

12. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I'm not a big beach fan either. But maybe it's because the Rhode Island beaches we go to suck.
    Misquamicut?

13. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

holy shit dream life, would kill for an allagash right now. fuck this warehouse, NO AC.

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Misquamicut?

sÃ.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

maaaan i really like kranes stuff (this season, next fw) - why dont' they have their own online shop! can't find stuff anywhere

I talked to Ken a couple of days ago. He will be having a clearance sale for this season, here on Styleforum. A lot of jerseys, he told me, maybe some bags. He is one of those guys who really hasn't gotten hang of the internet, and doesn't really want to. I may offer him something on the new platform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.