Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Should I buy the new ToJ bomber in brown lamb? I promised I wouldn't kop, but this is OK, right?? Right???

you should buy the CWU45 bomber in medium grey [​IMG]

2. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

What do you all take to the beach though? I always just did a towel and a paperback, no trunks or shades or anything, but I'd be curious to see how the forum does it.

Board, towel, shades, 15spf, small cooler w/ H2O and a few cans of reeb.

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

??

yes.

4. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Board, towel, shades, 15spf, small cooler w/ H2O and a few cans of reeb.

Is Mom's NetNanny software preventing you from typing beer?

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

For some weird reason I thought you would have a reply to that. Geoffrey B small is someone I haven't really looked into. I wanna cop some sick shoes and then next is another new blazer. could be harnden, EG, anything man.

EG/Harnden seem to be in the direction of working class/peasant unstructured blazers in rough wool so be open minded and look at everything that follows that description...

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Gary Drinkwater and Geoffrey B. Small apparently go back a long way. I guess that for two guys who came from the Boston fashion scene from way, way, way, back (no offense, Gary, but you make me seem young,) it's not too surprising, though I can't imagine 2 guys with more different visions. We were chilling out with coffee one day when Gary asked me out of the blue whether I knew about the guy (this would have been around 2005.) I clearly did not.

Apparently, he is a really talented, though his website cover is a little embarrassing. I think that he would do well with a better publicist. Maybe he should hook up with Totem.

Yeah he doesn't really care and is super outspoken instead of being all ironic.

On the other hand his clothing is actually artisanal (maybe the only one), he often washes his fabric himself instead of having it done after the industrial process and does a shitload of other nice things that make it like the Paul Harnden of people who realize Paul Harnden jackets are shoddily constructed and Poell isn't really artisanal.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

so blackbird cancels my order for something, and then I complained and was promised a 20% code for the inconvenience and I never was emailed it.

fugg that site, lol

8. whatever123

so blackbird cancels my order for something, and then I complained and was promised a 20% code for the inconvenience and I never was emailed it. fugg that site, lol
    they forgot about you. unless you buy from them often they really could care less. they are not the one off shop ... they are, however, a huge help if you buy a lot from them (like 4-5+ times/month).

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

I think they figured I'd buy the items anyways because I noticed they dropped prices on stuff again. Oh well, will think twice before giving them my money in the future.

10. whatever123

there are some weird internet stalkers on this site.

11. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I love Blackbird. I've been exchanging emails with one of their SAs for over a month now, have bought two items at over half off. Even after we stopped talking he emailed me a week after I received the second item to ask how I was doing and how I liked it. Definitely one of my favorite stores.

12. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

coolhunting's interview with Jean Touitou
    warning: there're some really annoying sound effects [​IMG]

13. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Article about Cone's White Oak factory, some denim guys might be interested. Not really about the denim, though.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

they forgot about you.

unless you buy from them often they really could care less. they are not the one off shop ... they are, however, a huge help if you buy a lot from them (like 4-5+ times/month).

who the hell orders from a shop 4-5 times a month? wouldn't you just order those items at the same time?

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

who the hell orders from a shop 4-5 times a month? wouldn't you just order those items at the same time?

These are questions better left unanswered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.