Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

See, I respect the guy (he makes some really beautiful clothing and he obviously knows what he's doing), but he makes some pretty bold claims on his website. Like, I'm not sure what he even means when he says that he pioneered the use of "holes". Nice clothes, though, and I respect that he puts in such a huge effort to make ecologically responsible clothing.
    "I INVENTED THE PIANO KEY NECKTIE. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

When I was in LA, it was at Maxfield and Traffic, and it was at Riccardi's in Boston. There is no outlet in Moscow, ID.

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

See, I respect the guy (he makes some really beautiful clothing and he obviously knows what he's doing), but he makes some pretty bold claims on his website. Like, I'm not sure what he even means when he says that he pioneered the use of "holes". Nice clothes, though, and I respect that he puts in such a huge effort to make ecologically responsible clothing.

Yeah; if your design career only took off after Flashdance I don't know if you can credit yourself with 'holes'. Maybe he's going for a snarky Mr. Hare type tone (e.g. where he talks about people wrongly crediting the Great Wall of China) and the copywriter is fucking it up? Maybe he did figure out a new hole that no one had ever seen before, but decided not to explain it for reasons beyond our comprehension. Maybe he's lying! The site design is pretty suspect in general though.

3. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Like, I'm not sure what he even means when he says that he pioneered the use of "holes".
    How about this one: 16. zippers

4. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Speaking of slightly lesser-known designers, I'd really like to see some higher resolution photos of Miguel Adrover's work (especially his first two collections) than what's available on Style.com. I know that they're out there, too, because he appears to have some on his website, but those few just aren't going to slake my thirst.

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

What's the difference between Attachment and Kazuyuki Kumagai Attachment? KKA is more "luxe" Paris-y shit, and Attachment is more punk, street influenced? Any significant differences in quality?

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Geoffrey B Small perhaps? He did invent the reversible jacket (according to him), sort of in line with your Junya stuff?

edit - not that I can really talk about designer gear with any sort of authority

Gary Drinkwater and Geoffrey B. Small apparently go back a long way. I guess that for two guys who came from the Boston fashion scene from way, way, way, back (no offense, Gary, but you make me seem young,) it's not too surprising, though I can't imagine 2 guys with more different visions. We were chilling out with coffee one day when Gary asked me out of the blue whether I knew about the guy (this would have been around 2005.) I clearly did not.

Apparently, he is a really talented, though his website cover is a little embarrassing. I think that he would do well with a better publicist. Maybe he should hook up with Totem.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

9. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

wow... just got around to checking this out
    http://stylefuckup.tumblr.com/archive
    regardless of whether the guy's funny or not it kinda sucks to have your fits (w/ face exposed no less!) publicly bashed like that ... what if this thing got big? [​IMG]

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

regardless of whether the guy's funny or not it kinda sucks to have your fits (w/ face exposed no less!) publicly bashed like that ... what if this thing got big? [​IMG]

are you new to the internet just wonderin

11. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

avid user since '97

but i still think it kinda sucks. i mean i think there are minors in those pics

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

lol

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

BB1 post is lulzy

14. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Thought it was pretty funny, I got in too woo

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

My favorite is when posters are all like "I got in yay" so they seem totally aloof and uncaring that someone is shitting on their fits.

Blog isn't even funny. Guy just writes like a typical angry kid on Battlenet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.