Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meis

Meis Senior member

lol wow dockers is an 80s brand? wtf? buy the real shit: dickies.

damn, I didn't realize that either. I would've guessed that they were a lot older. Though now that I think about it before the 90s biz cas wasn't the norm so the demand for ill fittin khakis wouldn't have been as high...

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

sometimes as im about to hit submit on my order of painted mmm gats or something and im sittin there thinkin about whats going on in life, priorities, love..marriage...all that.. I remember I'm gettin' kinda old.. Then hit submit [​IMG] but it is a state of mind, agreed - and as you said, if you are SW&D inclined - you are young. I definitely agree with you there as well and there are of course a lot of people on this here board who can easily back the notion up.. edit; [​IMG]
    dude you're way young. I get the feeling you have a somewhat stuffy professional career and this colors your perception of yourself and what is acceptable for your age. go to nyc dude, the hippest most stylin dudes you usually see around are about your age and older. early twenties dudes are mostly hipsters or hipster-esque tho there are plenty of exceptions. who knows, you may yet bloom and ripen into a mid to late 30's fashion crackhead.

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

akinator.com

somebody try to beat it. seriously, my buddies and I have trying to beat it all night, it always guesses the shit! (well, if you click 'too general' it always beats it in 3 tries, lol)

*this is actually me typing, it's not spam.

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Took it 40+ questions, kind of cheating imo. I count every one of the wrong guesses as a victory Edit: mildly impressed at how quickly it got Ellen Page's character from Hard Candy though Edit2: Beat it with Gwen (Isabel Lucas [​IMG]) from The Pacific.

6. dmash

dmash Senior member

lol i've did some funny ones. it got 'my grandma, edward scissorhands, guys from independent films' pretty cool

7. Meis

Meis Senior member

lol i've did some funny ones. it got 'my grandma, edward scissorhands, guys from independent films' pretty cool

lol I did zed from zardoz and it got it.. though it took it 3 tries. The first two times it just came up with "your own character" or some shit

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

haha yeah, it's fun jus to mess around with [​IMG] it guessed piccolo from dragonball z, lol wtf also just guessed 'mayhem' the allstate guy mascot from the commercials.

9. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

looool omg totally randomly chose raphael sadiiq for no reason, and it got it in 2 after r kelly. hilarious

10. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

33 guesses to get rick owens

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

akinator is some oldddddd shit. Not a whole lot know about it so it's nice to stick on iphone and impress new people you meet. You can beat it with obscure stuff since you're just playing everyone else that played it before and not some magical genie.

Any character from ASOIAF will be guessed within 5 questions for the most part.

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/dockers
    The K1 line has been around for a year or so. I think right now American Rag is the only place you can pick them up in person in the US. I saw them the other week for the first time and chuckled, too. Retail was anywhere from $140 (I believe) to $185 for the distressed "RRL-lite" versions including one that had cargo pockets with (p)leather buckles. Fabric felt a bit better than Sears but ultimately not terribly exciting. There are also two fits, regular and slim.

I'm not completely discounting them but... I didn't get it, either. I understand that Levi's is trying to push the upsell on heritage but I think too many people associate the brand with Kohl's discounts and dads with mini-vans, regardless of fit or finish.

But really, what's this? GQ actually advising people to buy into Spurr and Dior?
    http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...-denim-report/

13. toothsomesound

lol beat akinator with Servo from Super Human Samurai Syber Squad/Denkou Choujin Gridman. In it's defense, it got me to the red power ranger in like twenty something questions which is fairly close. After that it fell apart, went to Power Rangers in general, and then Shrek lol

14. toothsomesound

wow I'm impressed, it got Marshal Moo Montana from Cowboys of Moo Mesa in 40 guesses! lol

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i dont think i played it right, dude guessed god[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.