Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I just yahoo japan'd a pair of boots 1/2 size too large hoping they would fit and failed.

4 hours later I did the same thing with another pair on a different site. I'm so smart.

I'm.

So.

Smart.

They'll work, stop being a bitch.

Are a lot of the Junya and Comme des Garcons shirts on eBay fake? There are two specifically that I'm looking at but they go for pretty cheap (~$100) so I'm not sure what to expect. I know a lot of other stuff is whack on there, but what is the price range for Junya and Comme shirts? If anyone can legit check for me PM me!

all fake.

2. East2West

East2West Senior member

i keep seeing jack sparrow
    You should do something like that with the headwrap. I think it'd look pretty badass on you

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I don't think he quit, I think he's just been taking more extended breaks. He still posts occasionally.

In other news, I'm convinced the new Bon Iver album is one of the best albums to come out in the recent years. Many new albums from great dudes have been major let downs in comparison to their earlier work (Fleet Foxes, Sufjan, Tyler, etc). Honestly didn't think the guy could live up to Emma, but the self-titled is awesome in that it sounds similar to Emma different enough and has a whole new feel/atmosphere to it. [endpitchforkreview]

He said he'd disappear from time to time when his workload gets to demanding. Par for the course in the life of an attorney, I guess.

Pardon my ignorance, but how are you acquiring an album that doesn't come out for almost another month? Advance copies leaked by the record label so you can hype them on a men's fashion web site? [​IMG]

4. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

Itunes accidentally leaked it so now its all over the torrents/blogs. It's really good.

He was on Jimmy Fallon last night too btw. Sounded great.

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Rad, thanks for clarifying.

6. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

In other news, I'm convinced the new Bon Iver album is one of the best albums to come out in the recent years. Many new albums from great dudes have been major let downs in comparison to their earlier work (Fleet Foxes, Sufjan, Tyler, etc).

You think so? I thought Age of Adz was really really good, especially how it took some steps to avoid the preciousness of joints like Seven Swans. I don't know about Fleet Foxes being a 'major' let down but it definitely doesn't have the immediate pull of any of their earlier albums, then again my favorite iteration is the stripped-down, poppy Fleet Foxes of the first EP.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

New hair, hows it look? Shortest its ever been, sides were cut without a guard. [​IMG]

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

You think so? I thought Age of Adz was really really good, especially how it took some steps to avoid the preciousness of joints like Seven Swans. I don't know about Fleet Foxes being a 'major' let down but it definitely doesn't have the immediate pull of any of their earlier albums, then again my favorite iteration is the stripped-down, poppy Fleet Foxes of the first EP.

I'm a sucker for acoustic singer/songwriter shit though, I'm a huge fan of Elliott Smith and Nick Drake so that probably bleeds into a lot of my dislike for the new Sufjan album. It may have been the sound he was going for, but I feel that a lot of the electronic components in his songs in Adz are way too overbearing. I think Bon Iver does a much better mix of his old sound + new electronic stuff.

As for Fleet Foxes, I just don't like the album all that much. Dunno, don't like the newer sound.

Can't wait for new Algernon Cadwallader though wooozzzzzzzz

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

^ I feel like I'm surrounded by a constant stream of nordic beauty and there's no way to compete. It's depressing and inspiring.

Might go to the Vibskov flagship tomorrow.

If you look at the people, they actually dress well, but what they really have are great genes working for them though. They also dress in a way that shows that they care, but not an inordinate amount, and know how to wear clothes well, which is different from places like LA and NYC, where people who care are aggressively trendy, and don't always get it right.

If you are wowed by Copenhagen, you should go to Oslo.

I spent a some summers in Scandanavia, and I think that the naturally coolest guys are from there (not to mention the seriously sexy women.) That sort of casual but cares influenced my personal style more than LA, I think, where I really got my start working in the business and started getting into the minutiae.

10. summerdaze

summerdaze Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for acoustic singer/songwriter shit though, I'm a huge fan of Elliott Smith and Nick Drake so that probably bleeds into a lot of my dislike for the new Sufjan album. It may have been the sound he was going for, but I feel that a lot of the electronic components in his songs in Adz are way too overbearing. I think Bon Iver does a much better mix of his old sound + new electronic stuff. As for Fleet Foxes, I just don't like the album all that much. Dunno, don't like the newer sound. Can't wait for new Algernon Cadwallader though wooozzzzzzzz
    New Bon Iver is so good. Fav album of 2011 thus far, listening to Friendly Fires Pala now, change on their sound, it's fun, real fun, the clean kind, I'm looking forward to the John Maus album, and The Weeknd have two new (mixtapes?) this year.

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

If you look at the people, they actually dress well, but what they really have are great genes working for them though. They also dress in a way that shows that they care, but not an inordinate amount, and know how to wear clothes well, which is different from places like LA and NYC, where people who care are aggressively trendy, and don't always get it right.

If you are wowed by Copenhagen, you should go to Oslo.

I spent a some summers in Scandanavia, and I think that the naturally coolest guys are from there (not to mention the seriously sexy women.) That sort of casual but cares influenced my personal style more than LA, I think, where I really got my start working in the business and started getting into the minutiae.

I dunno, I mostly dislike the homogeneity and find many looks "subtly try hard". I like the older contemporary art or graphic design dudes in some nice jeans, washed button downs and slimmer cardigans or sweater though. They sometimes manage to wear beanies without looking stupid.

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Was taking a leak today at Whole Foods and the dude in the stall next to me was finishing up with a meannn shit. He wiped once only(tp dispenser is noisy so you can tell), put his pants back on, then headed straight for the door. Didn't even hear him use the sink/wash his hands. Disgusting motherfucker.

I only noticed because he was wearing New Balances.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Was taking a leak today at Whole Foods and the dude in the stall next to me was finishing up with a meannn shit. He wiped once only(tp dispenser is noisy so you can tell), put his pants back on, then headed straight for the door. Didn't even hear him use the sink/wash his hands. Disgusting motherfucker.

I only noticed because he was wearing New Balances.

could be a SF'er [​IMG]

14. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

Cars fucking suck sometimes. Repairs = Sellling wardrobe [​IMG]

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Cars fucking suck sometimes. Repairs = Sellling wardrobe [​IMG]
    sell car, don't pay insurance or gas, buy moar clothes !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.