Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

^sounds good, I love vibskov, shit is dope, well constructed and very reasonably priced. doesn't get enough play, so it's always fresh if you can pull it off

2. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

4. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i think the price ticked up just a bit, but iirc, my basic charcoal one was $430.

did you measure yourself and send them in or have a professional tailor do the measure for you?

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you should probably be measured by someone else even if not a tailor.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

if not a tailor I'd have my mom do it, who, has been sewing for years so isn't completely clueless, but probably won't be as good as a professional tailor (love you mom).

8. East2West

East2West Senior member

Yeah don't measure yourself. The #s will come out all wacked

9. East2West

East2West Senior member

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

haha no I didn't get it, seven only had a large and it's out of my budget right now but I want one so bad. I think I know what l/s tee you're talking about and I really liked that too
    word. they only had one of the LS in size L so I let my friend get it (got enough CP). but they might have an S if that is what you need. for wahtever reason, seven only got sizes S and L this season.

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

How do 2 more NYC locations have anything at all to do with phone orders outside of the city?
    Great, great question. [​IMG]
    if not a tailor I'd have my mom do it, who, has been sewing for years so isn't completely clueless, but probably won't be as good as a professional tailor (love you mom).
    You're probably better off having your moms do it. I was looking at the web site, and they recommend having a layperson take your measurements because a tailor will pad them based on what they think a garment should measure for a normal/comfortable fit on your body (e.g., measure a 40" chest as a 42" chest because an OTR shirt for a 40" chest would probably measure ~21" pit to pit). I wanna say the entry level price is $480 (without fancy fabrics, &c.). That's what I'd go for if I needed a suit right now.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

is raw denim still generally the better bang for the buck if you want jeans? been waiting patiently to see what kind of denim is available and i am still contemplating whether to just buy a pair of APC or try something different like 'our legacy' etc. etc. and skinny vs taper vs straight. skinny jeans out now?

i don't own any jeans currently anymore and feels like forever since i tried a pair.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Great, great question. You're probably better off having your moms do it. I was looking at the web site, and they recommend having a layperson take your measurements because a tailor will pad them based on what they think a garment should measure for a normal/comfortable fit on your body (e.g., measure a 40" chest as a 42" chest because an OTR shirt for a 40" chest would probably measure ~21" pit to pit). I wanna say the entry level price is $480 (without fancy fabrics, &c.). That's what I'd go for if I needed a suit right now.
    I really don't get the need for 3 NYC locations when the more effective and cheaper option would be to branch out to other US markets (Cali, maybe Chicago). Edit: Also, I very, very nearly bought another pair of ponyhair boots. These Bottegas would have likely been mine if it hadn't taken so damned long to get a parking space

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I really don't get the need for 3 NYC locations when the more effective and cheaper option would be to branch out to other US markets (Cali, maybe Chicago).

You and me both, boss.

15. Lel

Lel Senior member

Two things that always amuse me about clothing:

1.) People who ask for critiques on jean fits and proceed with shirtless fit pics. Dude no one wants to see pale, flabby stomaches. I understand the reasoning but, come on...

2.) People who post "critique the fit of item X" pictures with a variety of poses like arms straight out forward, to the side, straight up, etc. Once again, I understand the reasoning for this but I've seen people take well fitting winter jackets, do this, then put it away. Oh come on, how many times will you be waking zombie-arms through the snow storm and have mild discomfort ruining your day?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.