1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior Member

no I'm totally just looking for something conservative. want it to fit well though. bb are expensive though, I was thinking more h&m level price range. I'm only going to be wearing it a few times a year. or would I be better off with some khaki trousers, a navy sport coat, a nice formal shirt and some brown loafers?
    Please to God no. IDK why people think this looks good. You were on much better track going with a grey suit. Stick with that.

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

mikey, howsabout a pair of trousers with a button up, shoes and a leather..platypus style[​IMG]

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Distinguished Member

mikey, +J is on sale right now (90 bucks for pretty solid blazers), there were a good handful of XS blazers left when I was in soho uniqlo on wed or thurs. annoyingly they didn't order the matching pants for the blazers, only the cropped pants and shorts. [​IMG] either way you can still just get pretty solid uniqlo trousers or chinos to go with your blazer(s). uniqlo stuff is fine too, but most of it isn't on sale right now.

4. drmmr

drmmr Distinguished Member

+1 on +J. Or TaT? But no first hand experience with TaTs. And why no broguing?

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

So I was at a beer fest in South Philly yesterday, and a guy asked me what my jeans were...turned out he was from sufu and recognized that I was wearing nerdy denim. I'm not even sure how he recognized them, unless he saw the SF embroidered on the back pocket.

Also, I saw some hipster guy on a bike wearing Nudies when I was walking to the beer fest, which I think is only the second time I've seen Nudies in the wild (at least in Philly and not on me).

/random denim thoughts

6. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior Member

+1 on +J. Or TaT? But no first hand experience with TaTs. And why no broguing?

I actually see nothing wrong with broguing with a suit....I just think it looks better in the whole picture if you have no broguing.

7. drmmr

drmmr Distinguished Member

Fair enough. Anyway, mikey, too bad you're small, if not you could buy softy's bb suit.

8. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Distinguished Member

why not try uniqlo mikey? +j is more tailored i think, might fit you better?

this brooks brothers convo needs that Tom Habaford(?) line from Parks and Recreation

..paging biggskipp[​IMG]

brooks bros boys. It's a slimmer fit, and it's cheaper.

9. APK

APK Distinguished Member

It did the first couple of times, but I got it down to 10 minutes once I figured out the right order. I'm still sorta confused what to do about my work tomorrow. Don't know if I'll go balls in or try to make it more presentable or not haha

What's the process?

10. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

PSA: Uniqlo stops taking phone orders on 6/1 in anticipation of the opening of their new brick & mortar stores.

11. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

next level varsity. want so bad. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Distinguished Member

you got that?!

tbh i don't really like the mattel stuff. my friend got the longsleeve which IMO was the best shirt seven got.

13. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

you got that?!

tbh i don't really like the mattel stuff. my friend got the longsleeve which IMO was the best shirt seven got.

haha no I didn't get it, seven only had a large and it's out of my budget right now but I want one so bad. I think I know what l/s tee you're talking about and I really liked that too

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

brooks bros boys. It's a slimmer fit, and it's cheaper.

[​IMG]

15. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Distinguished Member

Mikey you would probably do well buying a boy's suit from somewhere that sells it; you'll save money and probably get a better fit. H&M might even be a bit long on you but there's no harm in trying one on. You could try MtM but if you're only wearing a suit one or two times a year then there's not much of a point.

I always thought the best way to play it is mid-gray worsted wool suit (flap pockets/double vent/flat front/notch lapel), white poplin shirt (no fucking around with button-down or cutaway collar, just a standard collar, button cuffs, no pocket or back pleat), black silk tie with width close to lapel width, and black captoes (like some Loakes or something). But you can fuck around with almost anything and no one will notice because it's not something people are trained to care about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.