• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol @ Lane's mum talk

Seriously, cut that umbilicus man

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lane just ask your mum for some recopies. whenever i miss one of my mom's home cooked meals i just make it myself
smile.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, even when I have my own place im gonna make my own food. Eating out is gross, unless you spend lots, and even then as I said I have acid reflux disease so my stomach is weak.

lol @ razeles bitterness

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
seriously dude, not trying to be a dick, but wtf is wrong with you? you sound so ******* broken. eating out is an excellent time and it's not difficult to find healthy options. 90% of the fun of eating out is the experience - who you eat with, where you eat, etc. god damn you sound like a ******* depressing 16 year old goth kid moaning about materialism.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
90% of the fun of eating out is the experience

fistbump.gif

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
'hi im lane i never eat out and i never talk to girls because all girls are shallow and talking to them prevents me from thinking deep thoughts'

jesus dude, you and mikey have torpedoed this ******* thread.

in response to your anti-swag/zeta as **** lifestyles i just made myself a rum and coke at 1 pm and am gonna watch some Appreciation or something

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not trying to be a dick?
lol8[1].gif
right I wasn't even dismissing anyones habits, all I said was "I don't like eating out," and then because others don't share this sentiment I was demonized for it. Yah, its an experience I agree, but its not one I can ever enjoy. I prefer watching my diet, and worrying about my weight a ton cuz all I have is myself. Got it?
Originally Posted by Teger
'hi im lane i never eat out and i never talk to girls because all girls are shallow and talking to them prevents me from thinking deep thoughts' jesus dude, you and mikey have torpedoed this ******* thread. in response to your anti-swag/zeta as **** lifestyles i just made myself a rum and coke at 1 pm and am gonna watch some Appreciation or something
those comments I made were in another thread. You're bringing them in here just to attack me. I wasn't even claiming superiority over my choices. I only defended myself when everyone was disturbed that I didn't value the same things as they did.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cook most of my own meals, but Roger Ebert summed the dining out experience well in his essay Nil by Mouth:

So that's what's sad about not eating. The loss of dining, not the loss of food. It may be personal, but for, unless I'm alone, it doesn't involve dinner if it doesn't involve talking. The food and drink I can do without easily. The jokes, gossip, laughs, arguments and shared memories I miss. Sentences beginning with the words, "Remember that time?" I ran in crowds where anyone was likely to break out in a poetry recitation at any time. Me too. But not me anymore. So yes, it's sad.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
lol8[1].gif
right I wasn't even dismissing anyones habits, all I said was "I don't like eating out," and then because others don't share this sentiment I was demonized for it. Yah, its an experience I agree, but its not one I can ever enjoy. I prefer watching my diet, and worrying about my weight a ton cuz all I have is myself. Got it? those comments I made were in another thread. You're bringing them in here just to attack me.

the issue is none of us read your posts in a vacuum, and the sum of your posts make you look like a big dumb marsupial. so...

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
real talk: mikey you gotta man the **** up bro. just go for it. go to one of the dorky math sororities and ******** with a fat asian girl. you can do it.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lane what am I bitter about? Elite ninja fashions? Not living with my mum? Not being suckled? I cook heaps and probably get as much enjoyment out of that as eating out, made lemon zest madelines, honey and vanilla madelines and fresh strawberry, confit bloodorange and pistachio tartlets today Pretty happy, nailed my creme patisserie this time perfectly
smile.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this preoccupation with getting laid is rather infantile. Why don't you actually give real advice and tell him to meet a nice girl that he can have a relationship with? He already mentioned talking to a girl he liked, which should be the actual girl he pursues.
Originally Posted by Razele
Lane what am I bitter about? Elite ninja fashions? Not living with my mum? Not being suckled?
I live at home cuz my parents couldn't afford to pay for a dorm. I didn't take a loan for one cuz I prefer it over living with bruhs anyways, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads