1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

am I the only guy here that has never once owned or tried on a pair of chucks, jack purcells, or CPs?

Same. I own one pair of sneakers, and I hardly ever wear them.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

GN, you wear shoes to work at that job of yours in the fancy building [​IMG] Mikey wears sneaks in his 8:30 lecture classes. Everyone wants to switch it up.

hahaha word. AE's all day erry day.

I love the cardi btw.

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

mikey just get a pair. I realize they're super common among, well, everybody right now but GN has it right.

I mean they're comfy enough for doing anything you could ever want without being sneakers, and they can be had for super cheap.

I used to skate in them for a few years in high school and the beginning of college - same with clarks DB lol - and they hold up alright. they can just get really smelly but that's all part of the fun I guess

4. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

I think I'll probably just get some suede bucks to be different. I like the way they look too.

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

am I the only guy here that has never once owned or tried on a pair of chucks, jack purcells, or CPs?

jp, never. chucks, play[​IMG]. cps, 1 pair>>gone.

ive never owned apc's tho[​IMG]

6. tween_spirit

I think I'll probably just get some suede bucks to be different. I like the way they look too.

that works too but you run a much higher risk of looking dorky and affected when wearing shorts, which I think you wear but I'm not sure

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

if you get suede bucks just make sure they're not mega brogued it'll help you avoid looking affected.

8. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

t_s, I haven' t worn shorts yet this season and if I were I think I would be fine pairing them with sneakers and i'd have to try real hard to look dorky compared to the kids I go to school with

9. tween_spirit

ok then go wild man, they're cute little shoes and would polish off what you wear / what I imagine you would like to wear

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

seriously, honestly thinking about selling all my sneakers and wearing boots of different variations.

although, probably buying a new pair of jeans would help alleviate my sneaker game. i just don't find pants+sneakers all that attractive

anyone here just own pants only and no jeans? or at least rarely or never wear there jeans anymore. i know there are a few. i kind of just want to pick up a pair of APC PS and call it a day with that, but then i would rather cash out and buy some more pants+boots/shoes[​IMG]

11. aeglus

aeglus Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Boots and other shoes you can't just slip on/off suck in Korea because everywhere you go you have to take off your shoes.

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

anyone here just own pants only and no jeans? or at least rarely or never wear there jeans anymore. i know there are a few.

[puts hand up]

i have some jeans but rarely wear them. maybe if they had a higher rise and more room in the thigh i would. so sick of slim straight. may buy some LVC or something.

i wear my pants with sneakers (CPs). boots or shoes are better, but i still chuck sneakers on occasionally.

13. Meis

Meis Distinguished Member

hence the popularity of sperrys. the cheap-and-casual-but-non-sneakers-without-being-affected is a hard niche to fill.
    Pretty much.

yeah, I almost want a pair (0), but every rl wearing frat douche has a pair.

I think its a matter of location. You live in the north east right? I can see how that would be the case in new england with all the preps (the south as well), but IME its not the case elsewhere. The midwest douche wears different shit...

anyone here just own pants only and no jeans? or at least rarely or never wear there jeans anymore. i know there are a few. i kind of just want to pick up a pair of APC PS and call it a day with that, but then i would rather cash out and buy some more pants+boots/shoes[​IMG]

Mellowfellow almost never wears jeans. He occasionally post fits with white/offwhite jeans and I think has posted a grand total of 1 fit with regular indigo jeans

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

is it wrong to only like high tops and ankle or higher type boots? I just feel like pants/jeans fall/stack better.

+1. Rarely wear lows (I have one pair of GATs that sees occasional wear), and I have zero pairs of non-sneaker shoes. I prefer hi-tops or boots with fairly narrow-hemmed denim.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I have zero pairs of non-sneaker shoes.

wow dude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.