1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Distinguished Member

I like Odd Future but they're really not anything that special. Talking about rape and chanting swag over and over again is going to get old after a while, if it hasn't already. Frank Ocean is the only guy I see having any lasting mainstream appeal, and he deserves it.

2. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior Member

I like Odd Future but they're really not anything that special. Talking about rape and chanting swag over and over again is going to get old after a while, if it hasn't already.

Frank Ocean is the only guy I see having any lasting mainstream appeal, and he deserves it.

Agree. Downloaded their album based on hype from various forums. Had to research their story to see what the big deal was, and duh... being internet-borne, they wouldn't be anyone 10-15 years ago.

I'm older than many of you [​IMG]

3. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Distinguished Member

I like Odd Future but they're really not anything that special. Talking about rape and chanting swag over and over again is going to get old after a while, if it hasn't already.

Frank Ocean is the only guy I see having any lasting mainstream appeal, and he deserves it.

this is true.. listened through tyler and earl's shit for about a week.. fun when its new and fresh, got old quick.

this week im onto Action Bronson

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

Butteros or rw 2268's? I was pretty much set on the butteros but seeing aeg's last fit made me beast on the red wings.

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

butteros.

but i dunno, are you planning to buy other boots?

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

I love that J Crew is being sold at Mr. Porter. Totally bizarre but such a lovely way to "boost" J Crew's brand image

7. scott.m

scott.m Distinguished Member

Fuck Vanishing Elephant, what an awful brand.

8. Razele

Razele Distinguished Member

+1 this

Seriously it's in like every boutique over here I have no idea why, makes no sense, priced at Schneider levels here in Aus and it's just so shit

9. slack tide

slack tide Distinguished Member

shoes & clothing, or just clothing?

i remember need/supply used to sell out of the shoes so fast...

never seen any personally

10. scott.m

Shoes are garbage and it's a shitty, aestheticless trendy bullshit brand. There is literally no proper execution of pattern overload. Fuck them.

11. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior Member

^Who? Vanishing Elephant? Or Rachel Comey? Or OC house brand?

Yeah, all music is shitty if you reduce it to two elements that only vaguely apply. I'm not saying I love Odd Future, but if that's all you can glean out of it you're missing out. Maybe you just need someone to point out the solid tracks because they don't exactly have a great catalogue edit.

12. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

so according to a guy from sufu, a t-shirt that costs $135 will cost $35 to ship to me even though it seems like he lives in the US as well since he's asking for USD.

13. scott.m

T, All of the above but in this case VE.

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

so according to a guy from sufu, a t-shirt that costs $135 will cost $35 to ship to me even though it seems like he lives in the US as well since he's asking for USD.

It's entirely possible he's not in the US and he just listed it in USD because it's a common currency. If he's shipping EMS, that's not cheap.

Still, it seems like a t-shirt could probably fit into one of the smaller standard packages (I would think you could even stuff it into an envelope, but maybe I'm wrong about that).

15. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

thank you sf for convincing me that super skinny pants look silly on me. i've definitely come around and much prefer the fit of my n&fs to most of my other pants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.