Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I love EG with Preme, such a good combination.

Once I have the budget it's gonna always be a Supreme with Rick Owens concept. Am about to cop a box logo fitted to rock with drkshdw tee and jeans all summer long. (0)

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

^I'd like to see this from you, especially since you're lifting now[​IMG] / waywt could use some interesting ugh

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

You need to travel a little; you have a very skewed notion of climate.

the most boring reason to travel

4. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

^I'd like to see this from you, especially since you're lifting now[​IMG] / waywt could use some interesting ugh
    Jsut found my SD card so expect some fit pics soon. Beadazzled surplus backpack coming up. (0)

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

the most boring reason to travel

Well then don't make pronoucement about things you hardly understand, you basically live in one of the top places for wardrobe variety and you don't know it.

6. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

My best friend rock's this every day.

7. Louis Toadvine

Louis Toadvine Well-Known Member

Semester is over, Copenhagen in 11 days. Woop!
    How long will you be staying? Big street party called Distortion from 1-5 june, should not be missed! http://cphdistortion.dk/

8. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

So I recently had 2 suits made for me. I had a grey sharkskin and navy blue done up. 2btn regent fit with 2in cuffs. They came out great. Esspecially for $240 a suit mtm.

Now I'm thinking of getting another. This is what I'm thinking. Light grey with chalkstripe DB suit with pewter blazer buttons.

Or

Patch pocket 2 btn suit in a camel or light brown color.

2 in cuffs on the pants of course.

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Anyone know anything about a couple of newish british brands - Self and Sparks?

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

getting some of my trousers that i never wear hemmed into shorts. what's the best length for someone who's short? mid-thigh?

11. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

getting some of my trousers that i never wear hemmed into shorts. what's the best length for someone who's short? mid-thigh?

depends on your build but unless you're really confident wearing short shorts, a better bet would be just above the knees.

you can always cuff them if you want to show some more manlegâ„¢

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

tween why do you fold your collars up like that? (0) less wrinkles/pullin when hung?

13. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

tween why do you fold your collars up like that? (0) less wrinkles/pullin when hung?
    No it's not for wrinkles, as you can see my shirt is totally wrinkled from being poorly packed. But I do it when I'm folding shirts and packing them into something tight so I don't end up with that flat boxy collar you get from cramming them in with the collar already down. Kind of like how when you get shirts back from the dry cleaners and they have been squished if there wasn't a cardboard collar-shaper thing put in, and then you put the shirt on and it just forms this square around your neck? that squared off collar is like my biggest pet peeve so I always fold my collars up like that, so even if they get creased in a bad way from packing, once I fold them back down and button them down they take a good shape. I mean it doesn't work perfectly since of course it's still getting squished in some way but I find it works better overall. I always use thick wooden hangers no matter what though, and for shirts I really care about that aren't button-down I occasionally wedge in those cardboard collar stays and/or use a giant plastic suit-jacket hanger and keep the collar folded down in it's proper shape. This of course takes up stupid amounts of closet space so it's ultimately dependent on how much you have available, but for button-down collars I find the folding up works pretty well and saves space without crushing your collar in as awkward of a way.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

long reply, appreciate it. will definitely try that out come moving time this summer

15. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.