Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I really, really like it and I think that for what tyler is going for it is head and shoulders above bastard. IMO if you don't like it then you probably don't like what tyler is going for. she is an emotional ass song (and one that I can relate too), the intro is fire as is yonkers, sandwitches, tron cat. au79 is a really cool track and one that I think represents where tyler wants to go in the future (he's said he's over rap before - on another note I'm kind of sick of rappers "transcending" rap. wayne tried and failed, cudi is trying, who knows how it will turn out, I hope tyler doesn't stop rapping anytime soon). The end of goblin is powerful as well. I also like how tyler addresses how just because he's famous doesn't mean he's living the life (I'm not a role model/I'm a 19 year old emotional coaster, and the line about how suicide has only been pushed back because things are going well). I like tyler's style. He's clearly got some fucking issues (or is good at playing the role), but he's upfront about it.

also, the fact that he produced the whole thing himself is fucking boss (even if it isn't as good as it could be, there's something to be said for doing it all yourself).

I think you're thinking about it too hard dude.

"They don't know me; they don't get it," Tyler said of critics. "Weren't they 18 years old at some point, just having fun?"

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

which part of my post are you referring to?

i definitely think that some of goblin is a personal reflection. he said on twitter that she is basically a true story, and I would imagine the shit he talks about in the opening is true as well (not being able to skate anymore, getting weird looks, having to live up to expectations). I feel like the having fun comments are more in regards to the songs about rapping bitches and getting heads.

also, I was browsing some youtube vids and the fucker has tron cat as the background to a video from a year ago. i'm pissed we just got it now haha.

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

I cant believe people are this ridiculous...someone seriously just tried to buy two julius items from me for the price of one, from this season SS11 BNWT.

are you fucking serious, fuck I wanna smash your face.

4. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

For the most part, I like Goblin. Lots of fun stuff but some emotional stuff, too. Reminds me of why I enjoy Eminem (lol). Some of the beats/production is total shit though and the album is definitely not what it's hyped up to be though. I still like Radical (Mostly Earl shit) and Earl better.

Fashun shipping woes: I shipped some shit UPS cause it was cheaper than USPS with insurance, and for some reason they're not leaving the shit at the door but want him to be there? That shit is so annoying, considering sometimes they come at 1 PM and others they come at fucking 7 PM. Tomorrow is the third day. This shit is going to be annoying as hell to deal with.

5. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

I cant believe people are this ridiculous...someone seriously just tried to buy two julius items from me for the price of one, from this season SS11 BNWT.

are you fucking serious, fuck I wanna smash your face.

I got a PM saying 'interested in many items' and the person proceeded to ask a shitload of questions about a couple of the things I was selling. Then he offered 25% of the asking price for each and said that was all he had

6. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I still remember the awe I felt when I first listened to bastard, shit still is a really immaculate album. Kinda perfect IMO. That being said I have yet to listen tomorrow, flying from work to cop it.

7. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I still remember the awe I felt when I first listened to bastard, shit still is a really immaculate album. Kinda perfect IMO. That being said I have yet to listen tomorrow, flying from work to cop it.

Except the part where he ripped a Doom beat and made shit out of it [​IMG]

8. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

not getting the beat/production hate of goblin, tbh. also, I'm pretty sure the album literally could not have lived up to the hype, lets be honest. it's not really tyler's fault though that kanye and the entire music industry hopped on his dick. is sf going to hate me if I say I like a lot of the recent sufu waywts? especially these three: [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG]

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

i like that last one. visvams, keys and shit hanging off. typical superfuture shit.

11. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Except the part where he ripped a Doom beat and made shit out of it [​IMG]

Odd toddlers is a great track. This is coming from a big doom fan.

12. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

incognito justin long posting on sufu eh?

13. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Goblin is meh (only given it one run through so far). Bastard is good but EARL is better.

14. Louis Toadvine

Louis Toadvine Well-Known Member

and Nostalgia, Ultra is best.

15. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Since there's been some Outkast posted, I just want to say that their first 3 albums are the best consecutive 3 in hip hop history imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.