Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I only international ship via forums if i know the person. On ebay i look at the feedback and items purchased. If seems like a normal guy like me who just buys clothes online or something i will allow regular priority shipping and haven't had a problem. For a forum newb though i make it express or bust

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

When someone creates an invoice for you via PayPal, it is always for either a 'good' or 'service'? I asked a ebay seller for the BIN and he sent me an invoice, just want to make sure I am not sending as gift...

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

anyone ever get moments where you are like damn this is so fucking awesome, but you feel really dirty because of what you payed for it? People would get heart attacks for some of the stuff I buy retail price, kinda is ridiculous and im kinda feeling guilty lol

4. APK

APK Senior member

anyone ever get moments where you are like damn this is so fucking awesome, but you feel really dirty because of what you payed for it?

I'm sure she was worth it.

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

I'm sure she was worth it.
    zing

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

anyone ever get moments where you are like damn this is so fucking awesome, but you feel really dirty because of what you payed for it? People would get heart attacks for some of the stuff I buy retail price, kinda is ridiculous and im kinda feeling guilty lol

never. i'm elated when my most expensive pieces are also my favourites.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

Yah, im really ecstatic, but im also like jesus this cost SOOOO much.

8. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Not really. With the caveat that I can actually afford it. In the sense that yes I probably should have saved the money and invested it for future benefit, but I don't need it to pay bills and buy food.

I basically look at any purchase as: "Is this cool enough that I'd perpetually be bothered by regret for not purchasing when I had the chance? If so then I'm going to buy it and enjoy it." I'm definitely a fiender. So I feed my consumerism more often than not.

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

what do people think about goblin? on my first play through right now...halfway through tron cat...

10. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

what do people think about goblin? on my first play through right now...halfway through tron cat...
    It's OK... the beats and production are reallly weak, could use a bit of cutting in track selection. not as good as bastard IMO.

11. APK

APK Senior member

Waiting to physically buy it before I listen, but it sounds like Tyler made the album he wanted to, for better or worse. I'll be paying close attention to how this unfolds in the coming months. This is the sort of scenario where the meteoric rise of an artist is going to result in a backlash sooner than later.

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I really, really like it and I think that for what tyler is going for it is head and shoulders above bastard. IMO if you don't like it then you probably don't like what tyler is going for. she is an emotional ass song (and one that I can relate too), the intro is fire as is yonkers, sandwitches, tron cat. au79 is a really cool track and one that I think represents where tyler wants to go in the future (he's said he's over rap before - on another note I'm kind of sick of rappers "transcending" rap. wayne tried and failed, cudi is trying, who knows how it will turn out, I hope tyler doesn't stop rapping anytime soon). The end of goblin is powerful as well. I also like how tyler addresses how just because he's famous doesn't mean he's living the life (I'm not a role model/I'm a 19 year old emotional coaster, and the line about how suicide has only been pushed back because things are going well). I like tyler's style. He's clearly got some fucking issues (or is good at playing the role), but he's upfront about it.

also, the fact that he produced the whole thing himself is fucking boss (even if it isn't as good as it could be, there's something to be said for doing it all yourself).

13. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

14. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

head and shoulders above bastard.

I like to hear this from someone.
    I always wanted to like Bastard but I thought it fell kinda short and I was hoping he'd grown up a little.

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I feel like bastard opened up awesome (bastard, seven, french, blow, ass milk, vcr) and then died towards the end (session, sarah, jack and the beanstalk, tina).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.