1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Zissou what about EG? Easy to get and they do lots of pants lately that are a very straight leg with a larger opening. maybe too large, or just too obvious?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. zissou

zissou Senior member

I've had some EG pants, and the legs are enormous. The homespun wool trousers felt and looked like wool sweatpants on me. I think EG construction is fairly mediocre as well.

My short list at the moment includes:
    Cabourn
    Leder
    RRL

3. nomad

nomad Senior member

I have the same problem with EG leg openings. Have you tried Margaret Howell or Our Legacy, I've found them to do good trousers.

4. jet

jet Senior member

zis I think leder is the next logical step in your progression and will probably end there

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

insanely cold in my house lately, radiant floor heat + AC going at 30C ain't doing shit. I am thinking about coppin some man Uggs to wear inside, lol.

6. jet

jet Senior member

loro piana cashmere slippers doggy

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

dog would kill regular slippers, uggs are actually a functional solution in this case - they are warm as fuck, non-slip, and my dog won't try to eat them off my feet. :slayer:

my only excuse is that used to wear them as a kid when they were cheap unisex house/apres-ski boots in Australia, and they had no connotations of corny white girl attached to them 20 years ago :eek:

8. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

The other day I saw a dude with golden hair cut like uncontrol except with a bit more mousse puffed up, kinda super saiyan, a black distressed button up shirt with collar popped, grey distressed bootcut jeans, and yellow-ish snakeskin boots. He looked great, his girlfriend was pretty hot too.

If you know exactly what you want, why not go bespoke?

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

so whats the deal with alwaysnever NYC's archived stuff? is it used or just been stored away?

10. sipang

sipang Senior member

Are you eyeing that Ann bomber ?

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Looks like it's used stuff. Going by the Attachment boots, which look great, but are definitely used.

12. APK

APK Senior member

The guy who runs it works at Geller (as does the guy who created the site), so I'd imagine some of the Geller stuff from recent seasons are new.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

how'd ya know :laugh:
    i think its the angelina jacket. i remember it at AR in leather, really like it
    just got some measurements from joey (has anyone seen him, whats his figure?) and it measures 17'' shoulder to shoulder and the chest is 20''
    i think itll fit but not 100 percent sure

14. the shah

the shah Senior member

this might fit you too

[​IMG]

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

did you know ann d is married? :eek:

i also read something that made me think of your hatred for all things sneakers (except painted og's)... sneakers were named after their ability to sneak around people. any man who needs to walk around without being detected is either a lover or a thief.
    lol!!

16. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I bought the purple Geller bomber from the alwaysnever archives and it looked brand new. There were no tags though and it shipped out of an apartment in brooklyn.

17. the shah

the shah Senior member

woah waoh, hate is such a strong word ! i don't hate them, i don't hate anything. i just see no point in buying anything, especially current offerings. i find myself more attracted to other footwear, i still have 3 sneakers (cp, og paint, cdg<3 (ok a 4th generic man i wear on weekends bad weather to gym etc))

i find it curious you read such a thing before realizing it ? i thought the name gave it away. maybe you thought the name was just to throw everyone off !

ann always says she designs (her men's line) keeping in mind the kind of man she's like to fall in love with. i guess we are all white canvases for her to project her husband's qualities on. well that just got a bit weird now...

18. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

i want to project on her white canvas

[​IMG]

19. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

hm. theres always a kind of bondage look going on with her boots...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. habitant

habitant Senior member

If you're still looking check out inventory, all their pants are quite large as well. I really like their collection but I can't wear any of the pants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.