Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

industrial rock, noise/power electronics, old school hip hop, psychadelic rock, post punk rock

my favorite genres, but I listen to everything. Even J-pop...lol. Also, im not that dismissive of popular music as I use to be cuz I love rihanna for example.

Someone start a "what music does lane probably listen to" thread

Nah that's mean

But probably

Trent Reznor

you looked at my postings in SZ, but yah I've started relistening to NIN these last few months, CLICHE. Haven't done so since highschool, but I have been revisiting my juvenile past or maybe finding security in it.

2. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I could see him listening to Stars of the Lid and mad amounts of drone

Do you go to concerts often? If you don't, you really should. Especially punk rock shows, always incredible energy and movement and everyone there has really awesome attitudes as well, good atmosphere to make friends or just be angry with other people

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

This sucks, theres gonna be jack shit left tomorrow. Fucking Twinks.
    The sales associates were really excited about the restocks so I have a feeling they'll be really good ones too. As is the place was completely filled to the brim with stuff (at least as full as it can be without being a COMPLETE disaster) and there was a LOT of product moving out. Since they anticipated 3 days of refreshes it sounds like they have a ton of shit and there will be really good restocks. I wouldn't get too down. I'm more afraid that it'll get better as time goes on when I can't make it [​IMG]

4. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

The sales associates were really excited about the restocks so I have a feeling they'll be really good ones too. As is the place was completely filled to the brim with stuff (at least as full as it can be without being a COMPLETE disaster) and there was a LOT of product moving out. Since they anticipated 3 days of refreshes it sounds like they have a ton of shit and there will be really good restocks. I wouldn't get too down. I'm more afraid that it'll get better as time goes on when I can't make it [​IMG]

I'll call/text you when I'm there and let you know what I see. Did they have any of the screen printed/neoprene blazers like the one I missed out on YJP?

5. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

smoke weed and listen to coil's time machines or ryoji ikeda's headphonics. good times. edit: the last concert i was at was acid mother temple in seattle a few years back. [​IMG] lead guitarist looked like he was a million years old but had steez out the ears.

6. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Damn this sale sounds mad awesome. I want some Junya blazers...

7. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

I was going to start googling darkwave bands also but I guess it's a moot point.
    I remember Lane saying he likes A Tribe Called Quest, which everyone should like.
    Someone needs to convert him to the Church of the Based God, head chef cookin away in B&S Julius.
    In the words of Chris Onstad, 'here is my entry into the world's competition for things that don't translate well'

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

Do you go to concerts often? If you don't, you really should. Especially punk rock shows, always incredible energy and movement and everyone there has really awesome attitudes as well, good atmosphere to make friends or just be angry with other people

I went to a GWAR one, but haven't in a long time...but it was the best concert I've ever been to. Yah, I definitely agree, thanks for the suggestion I definitely need to channel my energy better, and its probably the best method. I gotta explore the scene around here more and check out some gigs.

Was actually gonna go to the odd future thing, but that is yah....now no longer

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I'll call/text you when I'm there and let you know what I see. Did they have any of the screen printed/neoprene blazers like the one I missed out on YJP?

Thanks man, I actually had my eye out on some stuff for you since you said you weren't gonna make it to the sale. I thought I saw it from a distance and ran to it but it was a normal brushed wool jacket in that same (maybe similar) herringbone brown/tan colorway.

But yeah I just didn't see anything in our size (like a crazy blazer or jacket) that warranted sending a pic by the time I made it through the stock. I mean there were some cool tees and stuff - and some really bad ones - but no like "grail" items except for those screen printed jeans

10. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I'm mainly looking for basic yet quirky tweed/wool blazers, I'll have to cross my fingers and pop in. Thanks for keeping yours eyes peeled dude.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

TB son

12. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I'm super tempted but the 1 in bootlegs sale is too big, or else I'd instakop.

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

someone kop me a present from this sale. I'll really appreciate it... lol.

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

can't you just ask your boss, santa, for one?

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

can't you just ask your boss, santa, for one?

what's wrong with you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.