Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razele

Razele Senior member

Having as much computer as you can afford + an iPhone is nice though. You'll find ways to use it and even find the shortcomings of your system. 90% or more of the day to day work at TOJ can be done by two people with laptops with constant internet (we've always been able to tether on our 3G here) Excel, pshop for photo editing, and iPhones.
    Yah 15" MBP plus iPhone is awesome

2. bows1

bows1 Senior member

yup, true...I just like to fight against things I perceive as injustices.

So you are kind of like a shitty batman that has to fight battles over the internet cause he can't pick a batsuit?

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

So you are kind of like a shitty batman that has to fight battles over the internet cause he can't pick a batsuit?

nah, I've had my suit for a while.
    [​IMG]

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

given your past bows one would think you would be more understanding of someone not exactly with a great past, but its fine you don't know me so you think im just some angry kid on the net.

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

fits well, actually - i just don't liket he new style 5-zip as much as the old one.

Yeah, the zips and zipper placket on this one are the worst I've seen

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

drew you should copy the old five zip [​IMG] lol I know you'd never do it [​IMG]

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

ugh.... leather jackets are timeless. Doctor Who wore one across all times from medieval to the year 10k and still looked relevant. Laptops fade within like 3 years. easy choice

[​IMG] Thank you for validating my spending priorities.

8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

given your past bows one would think you would be more understanding of someone not exactly with a great past, but its fine you don't know me so you think im just some angry kid on the net.

I'm just teasing like everyone else. You just need to loosen up a bit and everything will be better! Is hard but not impossible. That's what I did

9. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

I'm leaving for Berling tomorrow, 5day trip. I've been told it's a great place to do some shopping, and that the prices are usually pretty good. I was wondering if anyone here was possibly from Berling, or Germany in general, or just had some tips on what stores I should look for there, etc. [​IMG]

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

I'm just teasing like everyone else. You just need to loosen up a bit and everything will be better! Is hard but not impossible. That's what I did

true, problem is I use this as my venting, and I don't speak a lot in real life about problem related stuff so I talk a lot about myself on here because of this. Heres what happened to me this week, which is giving me trouble.

1. dumb bitch leaves me for my friend

2. wallet stolen at a bar, get charged $400 in walgreens expenses.

3. get jumped by 6 guys cuz I decided to hit on/get with a girl to forget about girl 1. Apparently she had a bf...

dont wanna discuss any of this anymore, but just to give you a little info about whats making me feel like crap lately. If you somehow care PM me.

11. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Margiela 44 fits weird
    How so? Was it you that tried another one on somewhere else and didn't like the drape? I've been thinking about jumping over to the MMM store just to try one on but then again someone told me US MMM stores aren't even allowed to order 44's.

drew you should copy the old five zip [​IMG]
    Imagine. Dream. Reach. Despair. Die. TOJ.

(The new fragrance by CK x TOJ)

fits well, actually - i just don't liket he new style 5-zip as much as the old one.
    I recall you saying you don't like the new zips and leather quality. Was there an attendant change in cut? What else?

EDIT: answer my own question
    The ~05 models all had MRS zips, they changed to Riris in one 06 season, and then it's been YKKs (like I use) since.. and that black/black one might be a future season prototype, as you said, since it also has the YKK's in neo black.

They also changed construction of the jackets a bit, the shoulders and sides are felled on the new ones, I don't really like that because I feel it interferes with the aging process and felled shoulders are more delicate as it raises the seam to a pipe that you can easily nick or damage somehow. When leathers contact water they get a nice shrinking and puckering at the seams and so I like flat seams on these jackets, keeps the purity of line.
    Also, I think this design looks best in heavy calf, because of the fit. It's boxy and is supposed to move towards the back when unzipped, and tent over the kidneys naturally. The new softer leathers wouldn't do that.

12. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

true, problem is I use this as my venting, and I don't speak a lot in real life about problem related stuff so I talk a lot about myself on here because of this. Heres what happened to me this week, which is giving me trouble.

1. dumb bitch leaves me for my friend

2. wallet stolen at a bar, get charged $400 in walgreens expenses.

3. get jumped by 6 guys cuz I decided to hit on/get with a girl to forget about girl 1. Apparently she had a bf...

dont wanna discuss any of this anymore, but just to give you a little info about whats making me feel like crap lately. If you somehow care PM me.

Cheer up guy, I'll buy you a lapdance in vegas <3

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

ahaha, I cant wait

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

WHY IS IT NOT TOMORROW, I NEED TO GO TO THIS SALE. Fuck, I hate being stuck here.

15. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

just got back from CdG sample sale. It was absolute madness, they really did have EVERYTHING stretching back to some old ass collections. some really great stuff i would've loved to cop but mostly large sizes. As is, I grabbed 4 junya things, a pair of sneakers that I'm on the fence about, a tee from some S/S collection, a pair of black cropped super lightweight synthetic pants for fun, and:
    those screenprinted jeans/pants that scott.m has [​IMG]
    I wish I could go every day, I would seriously camp out ahead of time on Sat/Sun but I promised my mom I would go back for Mother's day!!!! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.