Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Don't worry about getting crazy shit you don't need. One thing that is a godsend for me is an HDMI port on my laptop. Allows me to download movies/tv shows and easily connect it to my TV to watch it in great quality.

Good call. I'll rack my brains for a bit and think about whether I actually need my computer to do anything that requires actual horsepower and just pull the trigger on something that seems adequate for the tasks at hand.

In reality, the new computer I'm getting for work will probably be well above anything I'd want to shell out for on the consumer end, capabilities-wise. If I manage to set things up so I can work 100% from home in the near future, there'll be no need for anything beyond a browser, iTunes, and a CD burner.

Lane post [​IMG]
    I have a "friend" who removed me on fb because I told him to give it a rest when he was spouting off like 5 statuses about everyone's a pansy and should be grateful Osama died, etc.

He called he a pussy ass bitch when I said carry on with your witch hunt cuz he was acting like an imbecile, lol.

Very well fashion related because it furthers my contempt for people.

You realize you can hide people's posts so they don't show up in your news feed, right? That's what I do whenever someone's spouting too much garbage or checking in on foursquare every five minutes to say they're at Lowe's buying lumber or something.

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

tbh, its also the fact that I don't respond well to bullying/threats. He wasn't sending this directly to me but he was posting some lame shit about how he'd remove people in a heartbeat for saying "dumb shit about killing osama." So then I jumped in cuz of that, cuz it was annoying me someone I knew was frothing at the mouth like that.

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Um...I recommend calming down and not being so easily baited/provoked, but it's your call in the end.

4. APK

APK Senior member

So then I jumped in cuz of that, cuz it was annoying me someone I knew was frothing at the mouth like that.

Yes, I can see why this would bother a calmly composed individual such as yourself.

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

Um...I recommend calming down and not being so easily baited/provoked, but it's your call in the end.

yup, true...I just like to fight against things I perceive as injustices.

6. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ It's cool to be passionate but if you're just a misanthrope it's kind of different. You seem to get a lot of satisfaction from being rejected from the mainstream, as if it elevates you to some special realm. You're always putting yourself out there when you know you're going to get shot down. I'm not trying to sound mean, I just think you'd be a cool guy if you could cool your jets.

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

thanks for the genuine responses

8. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Don't worry about getting crazy shit you don't need. One thing that is a godsend for me is an HDMI port on my laptop. Allows me to download movies/tv shows and easily connect it to my TV to watch it in great quality.

which is the crazy thing he doesn't need, though? the laptop or the leather jacket?

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

which is the crazy thing he doesn't need, though? the laptop or the leather jacket?

ugh.... leather jackets are timeless. Doctor Who wore one across all times from medieval to the year 10k and still looked relevant. Laptops fade within like 3 years. easy choice

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Was at a record store today wearing my painted gats and dude walks up to me, creams his pants, and asks me if I did it myself. Then he looked super surprised when I told them they came like that and asked me what brand they were. I said Margiela and he was just like "Oh never heard of them".

Walked out with For Emma, Forever Ago though so was good.

11. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

^ Excited for his next album. Babies will be made.

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Having as much computer as you can afford + an iPhone is nice though. You'll find ways to use it and even find the shortcomings of your system. 90% or more of the day to day work at TOJ can be done by two people with laptops with constant internet (we've always been able to tether on our 3G here) Excel, pshop for photo editing, and iPhones.

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

[​IMG] Margiela 44 fits weird

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

Is there a day you don't go shopping?

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

fits well, actually - i just don't liket he new style 5-zip as much as the old one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.