Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Bows you work in the industry? Can I have a job? Will drop out of school for low pay. I fucking miss it. I know some punk squats I can crash at till i find a real place. (0)

I work freelance and Im at the bottom of the food chain right now. However I'm getting some opportunities to coordinate and I could put you on if you work hard. But it wouldn't be anywhere near enough to survive on without a network of coordinators etc. to get you jobs freelance wise.

I mainly work in commercials and photo, both fashion and commercial. But sometimes work on TV shows.

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

I was saving up for a ToJ, but I may end up having to blow my PayPal balance on a new computer. [​IMG]

To make matters worse, I have to figure out what the hell I want to get out of a sea of indecipherable variations and options.

If you don't have serious technical demands just get the cheapest netbook, you dig? On that disregarding the nefarious consumer electronics industry tip.

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

If you don't have serious technical demands just get the cheapest netbook, you dig? On that disregarding the nefarious consumer electronics industry tip.

Yeah, I'm not a gamer or anything, so I could probably swing a cheap-ass netbook. 90% of what I use my computer for is just teh interwebz and iTunes.

My only concern is if I wanna do some Excel or Access-related stuff and not have to bring my work computer home. Although I guess I could just suck it up and bring my work computer home on those occasions.

4. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

So is APC Madras like a diffusion line for APC? Because APC's quality is already fairly awful, I can't fathom how much worse APC Madras would be.
    It's more a "resort line" than a diffusion line. I've felt some stuff and was the same imo. For a US equivalent i guess if you were a rich NYC APC diehard, you'd wear APC in the city and then your month in the hamptons you'd rock apc madras. This was like 2 years ago though. Haven't touched apc in awhile
    I was saving up for a ToJ, but I may end up having to blow my PayPal balance on a new computer. [​IMG] To make matters worse, I have to figure out what the hell I want to get out of a sea of indecipherable variations and options.
    Don't worry about getting crazy shit you don't need. One thing that is a godsend for me is an HDMI port on my laptop. Allows me to download movies/tv shows and easily connect it to my TV to watch it in great quality.

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

I have a "friend" who removed me on fb because I told him to give it a rest when he was spouting off like 5 statuses about everyone's a pansy and should be grateful Osama died, etc.

He called he a pussy ass bitch when I said carry on with your witch hunt cuz he was acting like an imbecile, lol.

Very well fashion related because it furthers my contempt for people.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

8. chronoaug

I have a "friend" who removed me on fb because I told him to give it a rest when he was spouting off like 5 statuses about everyone's a pansy and should be grateful Osama died, etc. He called he a pussy ass bitch when I said carry on with your witch hunt cuz he was acting like an imbecile, lol. Very well fashion related because it furthers my contempt for people.
    lol. who care, man? i just ignore all that shit. i have friends who act stupid sometimes but they're still good guys i like hanging with. Hell, i'm sure i've acted dumb/emotional getting caught up in the moment before. Just give shit time to cool off to where everyone stops worrying about this and stops with the faux patriotic stuff and shit will be cool. Social media like facebook/twitter is weird like that now. People are more and more in the moment (michael jackson death same thing) and if you're not into it, you can't stop it. Just let it pass. Don't lose friends over that shit and if it's not a real friend and just a random facebook acquaintance then don't even respond to people like that I had friends who were the same but we'll both forget those status updates in a few weeks so no harm no foul

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

I dunno..I just ask too much of people. I don't see this person often so it's not the end of the world if we cease contact. It just annoys me because I am really passionate about my beliefs, but I don't tastelessly post them and air them out on Facebook. Lol. I try to give people respect but I get none.

Plus it gets annoying when every university class of mine is pol science related, and the loudest people are always so fucking stupid and infuriating. So happy the semester is over..

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Bows, how did you just suddenly decide to move to NYC and have everything work out for you? I'm afraid of going back to the USA, finding jack shit to do and going immediately broke [​IMG]

12. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Bows, how did you just suddenly decide to move to NYC and have everything work out for you? I'm afraid of going back to the USA, finding jack shit to do and going immediately broke [​IMG]
    I dunno, I happened to get really lucky. I moved up with my retail job at Banana Republic :vomit: but I was able to quit and become fulltime freelance after like 1.5 months. I super lucked out. City I always wanted to live in, with a job I really like, after i graduated college and lost weight. Its been a good year. [​IMG]

13. chronoaug

I dunno..I just ask too much of people. I don't see this person often so it's not the end of the world if we cease contact. It just annoys me because I am really passionate about my beliefs, but I don't tastelessly post them and air them out on Facebook. Lol. I try to give people respect but I get none.

Plus it gets annoying when every university class of mine is pol science related, and the loudest people are always so fucking stupid and infuriating. So happy the semester is over..

People aren't posting on twitter/facebook at you though. It's more a personal blog they want to be public. It's a weird now. Also, it's largely people just wanting to feel connected and in touch with people they know and the world at large by commenting on and sharing moments. I don't personally participate in the social internet like that but i can at least understand it on some level

Brush off the roach, man.

Also, is it possible to resole busted rubber soles on sneakers? Like add something on top of the cracked shit?

14. Lel

Lel Senior member

Also, is it possible to resole busted rubber soles on sneakers? Like add something on top of the cracked shit?

Lol ask any RO trainers owners, the soles seem pretty suspect and I recall reading conversation where at least one member did take his trainers to get repaired. Not exactly sure how, but I think they put some kind of metal plating in certain parts but TBH I have no idea...

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

People aren't posting on twitter/facebook at you though. It's more a personal blog they want to be public. It's a weird now. Also, it's largely people just wanting to feel connected and in touch with people they know and the world at large by commenting on and sharing moments. I don't personally participate in the social internet like that but i can at least understand it on some level

Brush off the roach, man.

im not saying they are. I kinda mixed my interaction with my friend with my comments about FB in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.