Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bows1

bows1 Senior member

2. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

^sup bro. I'm gonna apply for that extras call, too. Could use an extra $85 to stand around like an idiot. If I don't make it I'll have so many mixed feelings. Should I be happy a producer doesn't htink I'm a hipster? Should I be sad I was rejected? Tough call. Let you know after pilates.

Everyone who has Silent tees. How much do they shrink if tumble dried (in a garment bag or whatever to save it, I know they're delicate) and how much will they stretch back out? I need to hem them but I'm not sure how much.

3. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I can't tell if you are serious or not but tomorrow and sunday are last shoot days this week. So i'd hurry

4. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Haha I am. I'm aiming for the Sunday one so it ain't no thang. Apparently they keep your shit on file for later shoots, too. I'MA A BE A STARLING!*

*+10000 points to whoever gets this outrageously obscure reference. And answers my Silent question.

5. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

you should hot hand wash with woolite and then air day. Once Air dryed just cut the shit outta them. Raw Hem Swag.

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Haha I am. I'm aiming for the Sunday one so it ain't no thang. Apparently they keep your shit on file for later shoots, too. I'MA A BE A STARLING!*

*+10000 points to whoever gets this outrageously obscure reference. And answers my Silent question.

Right on, they wanted me for todays shoot. It sucks I can't but I'd be losing money. Damn this Garnier shoot! Fingers crossed for sunday.

7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

you should hot hand wash with woolite and then air day. Once Air dryed just cut the shit outta them. Raw Hem Swag.

I would run a seam around the shirt where ever you want it to end up, then cut the shit right below the hem. Finished hem raw edge swag

8. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Hell with both of you. I'm gonna take it to a tailor. RO barf, too, though just for the body. Raw hem on that makes a lot of sense.

Right on, they wanted me for todays shoot. It sucks I can't but I'd be losing money. Damn this Garnier shoot! Fingers crossed for sunday.
    Garnier? I USE THE LENGTH AND STRENGTH SYSTEM!

(pause)

But seriously, the conditioner is great. Tell them I said so. I'm sure the models will be thrilled.

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

just buy rick owens short sleeves, they murder those silent things anyways.

10. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Eh, I consider them very different shirts. RO are undoubtedly softer but they're also much more sheer, a lot more expensive, and have a different cut. I got the Silent tees for pretty cheap and while they're somewhat sheer, I wouldn't have a problem wearing them alone without layering. Wouldn't object to picking up a couple of white RO shortsleeves if they were less than $100.

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

someone on sufu is selling a white longsleeve one for $115 right now. The RO ones are cooler because of the length and asymmetrical backseam. Would actually like to know where I could buy them in every color online.

12. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Bows you work in the industry? Can I have a job? Will drop out of school for low pay. I fucking miss it. I know some punk squats I can crash at till i find a real place. (0)

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

the talk of suits/clothing came up on another forum I frequent so I posted a picture of the junya blazer that t_s has and they all freaked out about how ugly it was, lol.

14. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

So is APC Madras like a diffusion line for APC? Because APC's quality is already fairly awful, I can't fathom how much worse APC Madras would be.

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I was saving up for a ToJ, but I may end up having to blow my PayPal balance on a new computer. [​IMG] To make matters worse, I have to figure out what the hell I want to get out of a sea of indecipherable variations and options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.