Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Yes. A bit of stacking would look good, but those go all the way to the bicep, no good

2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I know it's women's clothing, but the Met in NYC has an Alexander McQueen exhibition starting this week. Really incredible stuff (and some hilarious pieces, my favorite of which may be the "bumster" skirt). http://blog.metmuseum.org/alexandermcqueen/objects/

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah the exhibit looks intriguing although now after teh wedding, i shudder to imagine the crowds at the met for this exhibit

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

5. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Yeah, I had the same thought. I'm going to wait a few weeks to go, and I'll probably go during the week. Swarms of tourists make me nuts. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

yeah the exhibit looks intriguing although now after teh wedding, i shudder to imagine the crowds at the met for this exhibit

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I can't stop listening to Blue Sky Black Death. Their new album Noir is insaneeee

7. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

I know it's women's clothing, but the Met in NYC has an Alexander McQueen exhibition starting this week. Really incredible stuff (and some hilarious pieces, my favorite of which may be the "bumster" skirt). http://blog.metmuseum.org/alexandermcqueen/objects/

i wish they had his men's stuff too esp from fw09 [​IMG]

8. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I can't stop listening to Blue Sky Black Death. Their new album Noir is insaneeee

Ahey, I dig them too, hadn't heard of that album yet. I'ma go get it. Thanks!

9. mapclub

mapclub Active Member

I've always wondered what compels public servants to wear awful brooks asics etc trainers with their nice suits when walking places.

Are they in some strange marathon? Can't they find formal shoes that they can stand and walk in?

10. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Saw a black dude with pitch black skin yesterday wearing an entirely black goth ninja outfit. The massive expanse of head to toe black without any pasty white face to offset it was disturbing. Then I started imaging a what white guy with a tan might look wearing that crap, ugh.

11. ZhiMingBuFanDe

ZhiMingBuFanDe Senior member

^I saw a black dude wearing a lot of white RO. I thought it looked quite good.

12. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I've always wondered what compels public servants to wear awful brooks asics etc trainers with their nice suits when walking places.

Are they in some strange marathon? Can't they find formal shoes that they can stand and walk in?

A possible explanation....

The public servants you see are likely no different than most others their age whom wear faded blue jeans and sport sneakers everywhere. During their time off, this is likely what they wear too.

However it is likely that their government job requires them to dress up more than an equivalent paying job in the private sector, most of which have become increasingly casual. But being more bureaucratic and policy orientated, the government is probably slower to adapt to casual trends. Additionally the government may be more concerned about their image since the public will readily criticize them even more than private industry.

This likely creates a large gap between what a government worker is forced to wear at work vs. the typical style of people within their social class. This will likely result in poor judgment on their part when they are forced to go outside of their experience.

It is for the same reason that most people look ridiculous when attending a wedding, funeral, or high school prom.

13. BB1

BB1 Senior member

^I saw a black dude wearing a lot of white RO. I thought it looked quite good.
    I could see that working really well for someone with very dark skin. Likewise, I look awful wearing all white.

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

kobe bryant did a shoot where he wore all white damir doma, looked awesome.

side note: went to my cousins confirmation and she told me the kid next to her said he liked my pants...weird[​IMG] (kva metallics in blk)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.