Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The only european car I would debadge is an original M1 and there are only two plate frames I would ever pimp. I used to have no frame but then the past 5 years it's been something special.

I think it's okay to debadge cars that are pretty obvious, like M cars, AMG's, Audi RS's, et al. I think it's like a nice little homage to the european cars from the '90's where guys debadged the model badges on E34 M5's and shit. [​IMG] Will never have plate frames though. Gonna buy a car when I get to Japan but I don't mind running front plates because they'll be Shinagawa 3XX probably, classic style.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I hate the plate frames in the front, actually I just hate having a license plate int he front overall. Sucks that they give fix-up tickets now even if the front didn't come with factory holes for the plate.

Varies state-to-state. No front plates in PA. They only give you one at the auto tag locations.

RFT: I saw a guy at the gym today with a mustache and New Balances, and I'm pretty sure that neither of them were ironic. He looked terrible, kind of like a combination of David Cross (albeit with hair) and Benicio del Toro in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

^this will not stop people from buying NBs I don't know why you guys keep bringing up average joe's wearing big 5 edition new balances
    I think it's okay to debadge cars that are pretty obvious, like M cars, AMG's, Audi RS's, et al. I think it's like a nice little homage to the european cars from the '90's where guys debadged the model badges on E34 M5's and shit. [​IMG] Will never have plate frames though. Gonna buy a car when I get to Japan but I don't mind running front plates because they'll be Shinagawa 3XX probably, classic style.
    I had a buddy of mine who took european delivery of his M in 02 and he debadged along with de-lipped the bootlid, was never a fan. I like the m colors and how the emblem adds some asymmetry to the back. Add to that remote reservoir shocks with 4.5" ers 550 rate springs around and corner-balanced along with euro bumper = visual/dynamic treat. My frame signals baller status to plebes and well I don't really want to say any more [​IMG]

4. grit

grit Senior member

So I'm reading The Wisdom of Crowds for one of my classes, and there's a part where they talk about information cascades, and how if a group of people are outside staring at the sky for no reason, eventually lots of other people will stop and stare with them even though their own logic tells them there's no reason to.

I feel like that totally explains New Balances.

5. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

you can make a logical (bayesian) argument for the same behavior.

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^the more people, the more evidence, larger probability that something interesting happens? [​IMG]

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

ahaha $12 at a thrift store [​IMG]

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

you should wear socks

9. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

^^the more people, the more evidence, larger probability that something interesting happens? [​IMG]

yeah. here is a good teaching exercise: http://www.jstor.org/stable/2138561?seq=3

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

you should wear socks

I am

11. 1up

1up Senior member

warming up outside, summer almost here woo..made some shorts. [​IMG]

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I am

magic!

i feel like NBs are at least a little ironic and it'd be cool to wear some white athletic socks or something. maybe? dunno

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

warming up outside, summer almost here! made some shorts.

[​IMG]

I don't know why people want to wear denim when it's warm. Or when it's cold, for that matter.

all these flannel lined jeans, ultra lightweight denim, etc etc. Why not just wear linen or breathable cotton? Why not just wear flannel pants? Why do you have to wear jeans?

14. 1up

1up Senior member

I don't know why people want to wear denim when it's warm. Or when it's cold, for that matter.

all these flannel lined jeans, ultra lightweight denim, etc etc. Why not just wear linen or breathable cotton? Why not just wear flannel pants? Why do you have to wear jeans?

Why can't I wear both?

15. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

So I'm reading The Wisdom of Crowds for one of my classes, and there's a part where they talk about information cascades, and how if a group of people are outside staring at the sky for no reason, eventually lots of other people will stop and stare with them even though their own logic tells them there's no reason to.

I feel like that totally explains New Balances.

it might explain the surge in popularity of NBs, but nothing follows about NBs's merits as items of clothing. pick any 'genuinely superior' item(e.g. mmm gat) chances are it's witnessed spikes in popularity in the past due to hype or information cascade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.