Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gats

gats Senior member

They've been selling apc for years where I llive

2. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Honestly a minimal wardrobe is just less annoying, I have too much stuff and it feels like clutter. I'm ok with having a lot of books but not much else. Travelling is nice because you only bring a few items and combine them in many ways, usually to good effect. One of my main problem is that I switch it up relatively often and get attached to garments I hardly wear.

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

recently thinking of trying out Balenciaga jeans. Does anyone here have any kind of experience? I had read they were similar to DH cut, which was the same reason I thought I'd try them.

Same as DH or Taralis, think their waist sizing is TTS though but not sure since I never went into the trouble of putting them on.

4. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Angel wings and devil horns, no?

I thought it was a reference to Nabokov's afterword to Lolita, how it "hadn't yet grown the wings and horns of a novel", but I might be misremembering that line.

5. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

[​IMG] where does blackbird come up with the prices for some of their stuff? i was like "oh these are cool, i'd pay up to a hundred(andfifty?) bucks for some cheapy shorts like this...oh - they're 484 dollars." what is this roark brand? looks like comfy stuff...but my god at those prices the stuff should be made out of unicorn horns and hymens

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Honestly a minimal wardrobe is just less annoying, I have too much stuff and it feels like clutter. I'm ok with having a lot of books but not much else. Travelling is nice because you only bring a few items and combine them in many ways, usually to good effect. One of my main problem is that I switch it up relatively often and get attached to garments I hardly wear.

Yup, I'm pretty close to biting the bullet and selling nearly all of my shit. Dunno. My taste is fickle at times.

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

RE: blackbird pricing, from Tyler via SZ

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

get attached to garments I hardly wear.

This is my problem. I really appreciate a couple pieces that never get any wear, especially since I'm in work clothes five days a week.. I really should try to balance my wardrobe, pick-up more pieces I can wear at work as well as on the afternoons, but nahh

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/fashion/21shorts.html BOOM MOTHERFUCKERS* *(I can't believe I remembered a three year old article about pricing shorts) I'd love to see someone with a full techninja (e.g. outlier, acronym, stone island shadow project, etc.) wardrobe but without making it look survivalist.
    [email protected] pleats adding $130 to the price
    recently thinking of trying out Balenciaga jeans. Does anyone here have any kind of experience? I had read they were similar to DH cut, which was the same reason I thought I'd try them.
    I remember a SuFu WAYWT from a long time ago with some of the nicest waxed jeans I've ever seen. Never came across them, sadly

10. reezy

reezy Senior member

11. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Really like these butteros after Synthese mentioned them. http://www.barneys.com/Lace-Up-Boot/...efault,pd.html Cheaper than the CP Combats I was looking at too. Anyone have fits of these?
    Yes, those are the best butteros. search waywt for nil's fits of them. way better quality than CP too.

12. reezy

reezy Senior member

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

it's not my fault that dickheads everywhere are overhyping it, that doesn't mean it's a bad idea

You don't have the kind of personal style required to even think about style on the level of a minimalist wardrobe. Stick to your plaids and chinos that you buy five of at a time. (yeah I'm being a dick to you, but maybe this can spark a wake up call)

14. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

You don't have the kind of personal style required to even think about style on the level of a minimalist wardrobe. Stick to your plaids and chinos that you buy five of at a time. (yeah I'm being a dick to you, but maybe this can spark a wake up call)

Just out of curiosity, how would you envision SVB ideally dressing, Drew?

15. nomad

nomad Senior member

anyone have any experience with trove (jp) clothing? pieces look really, really interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.