Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

I don't think I would really bother with steez if I lived in North Dakota. Probably just get a bunch of Uniqlo and maybe PS shoes or GATs and even that would still probably be awkwardly overdressed most of the time.

In my experience this is pretty much an accurate assessment. The only other thing you'd need would be a suit for special occasions, which you could really ball out on then - what with all the money you'd save on all the other stuff.

2. snake

snake Senior member

http://moccsocks.myshopify.com/

Nice. How do these fit, is it like a one size fit all type of thing?

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

I just found out lacoste makes a $130 polo.

4. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Senior member

Men's style is incredibly boring and limited. Im seeing more and more women wearing mens clothes.

I honestly have to say I hate when women wear mens clothes. I think it looks like shit. Im noticing more and more women wearing mens shirts and mens jeans. Never to touch a dress again.

I look at photos from 60's and before when women still wore dresses. I think they look a hell of a lot sexier.

While were on the topic of dressing like shit. Mens clothing looks like shit to. I want to see new and exciting things offered. Im tired of the conservative cut of everything with dull ass colors. It feels like clothing for men has been stuck in 1999.

I hate that Aeropostal/American Eagle shit that so many people horde and wear everyday. Every man looks like a worse and worse copy of those around them. The cut of these mall brands looks like the shit they were putting out a decade ago. Nothing new at all, at least for the men.

So I am jealous of women in that they have so many choices and the fact that the style of clothing for them changes once in a while instead of being the same thing year after year...

5. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Men's style is incredibly boring and limited. Mens clothing looks like shit to. I want to see new and exciting things offered. Im tired of the conservative cut of everything with dull ass colors. It feels like clothing for men has been stuck in 1999.
    None of this is true. You should check out collections from designers, not mall brands.

6. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Senior member

None of this is true. You should check out collections from designers, not mall brands.

Well, I was kinda referencing the clothing the masses wear out on the streets. The college crowd around here only wears the Mall Brands. I've seen the stuff on runways, and id say 95% is never going to be worn by the common man in that cut or style, it gets toned way down before its "ok" for your average guy to wear out in society...

7. bwonger06

bwonger06 Senior member

Such a good past 2 days and weekend:

Saw Arcade Fire/ The National twice, got my CD signed and my friend got his vinyl signed as well
    [​IMG]

Interviewed Will Butler:
    [​IMG]

Life iz gud

Saw Arcade Fire about two weeks ago and the National back in September/October (in the musical wasteland known as Phoenix).

Arcade Fire put on an awesome show. Their set seemed kind of short given their extensive collection.

The National were also good but Matt got pretty drunk and started slurring words as the set progressed. Also got to the show late and missed out on Final Fantasy/Owen Palett [​IMG] .

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I just found out lacoste makes a $130 polo.

I'm wearing a black lacoste polo today with shorts and flip-flops. It's the best shit, bro, the best bro the best.

9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Going on vacation next week, but the luggage I'm gonna buy is in Tokyo

Solution: shove everything in trash bags, buy luggage, repack at airport
    Gonna look swagged out carrying trash bags on the bullet train

trash bags = Irish luggage

The National were also good but Matt got pretty drunk and started slurring words as the set progressed. Also got to the show late and missed out on Final Fantasy/Owen Palett [​IMG] .

nbd their lyrics are embarrassing

10. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

That reminds me, I need to get some no-show socks. Suggestions, anyone?

i only just bought them, but journeys no shows work well enough for me. way cheaper than the alternatives, too

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Mocc socks are one size fit all deal, they're alright. I haven't found any no show socks that don't slip under my heel

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

13. snake

snake Senior member

i only just bought them, but journeys no shows work well enough for me. way cheaper than the alternatives, too

Mocc socks are one size fit all deal, they're alright. I haven't found any no show socks that don't slip under my heel

I've tried the journey ones in the past and they kept slipping underneath my heel which was irritating as hell. I might have to give these a shot.

14. blue squares

blue squares Senior member

Really disappointed with Sonny Bono. Bought a 200 euro leather jacket and after a few months and <20 wears, I've re-sown one button and the rest are close to falling off too.

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I saw a woman wearing Rick Owens today, which was confusing given that it was in Winnipeg.
    you live in winnipeg? did not know. prob should marry her[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.