Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Was trying to set up my camera for a fit pic and dropped it on the floor and got the dreaded "zoom error" message. Also had $10 fall out of my pocket earlier at the post office. Good Friday, indeed.

2. asobu

asobu Senior member

[​IMG] The perfect suit fit

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

That shit is awesome asobu, that is all you

4. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Senior member

[​IMG]

The perfect suit fit

Perfect for what? [​IMG]

5. nickelcobalt

nickelcobalt Senior member

Paraboot michaels would be cool and sort of unexpected with Scotts look, whereas white vibrams seems a bit obvious..

I think those soles work in some cases, but the Michael is just a Wallabee rip and it looks pretty hideous there. Pesko pulled off similar soles on these John Lobb double monks:
    [​IMG]

I still vote white vibram.
    I kinda wanna put a white ripple sole on my wallows a la bape manhunt, but idk where i'd find one. might settle for white vibram too or just a regular ripple sole.

6. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

While on the topics of soles:

I have a pair of old burgandy cordo wingtips that I don't wear much, I want to have a cobbler put insanely thick creeper soles on them. Good idea / bad idea?

7. sipang

sipang Senior member

10/10 idea (and post them in the DIY thread too).

I'm gonna put some thick sole on navy suede double monks, maybe black ripple or maybe something smooth, not sure yet, has to be black though

8. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

I think those soles work in some cases, but the Michael is just a Wallabee rip and it looks pretty hideous there. Pesko pulled off similar soles on these John Lobb double monks:

what?

bape "redwings" btw

9. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

Post some pics Briza ! king tubbys are right up my alley.

ok

While on the topics of soles:

I have a pair of old burgandy cordo wingtips that I don't wear much, I want to have a cobbler put insanely thick creeper soles on them. Good idea / bad idea?

dooo it

10. nickelcobalt

nickelcobalt Senior member

what?

bape "redwings" btw

maybe not a "rip" but they just look like leather wallabees with a split toe and different sole.

bape manhunt

11. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

yeah those are cool. i was actually just suggesting he get those bape redwings, i remember we were talking about them like a year ago and we were all beasting on them. they were called "ranger boot" or something. ape has been making wallos for years. thanks for reminding me, i will buy them.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Wet them from the knee or shin to the hem and walk around in them in the house until they stack how you want. Leave the house if you want with a story about how you walked through a flood or some shit. Or sit in front of a fan/use a hair dryer on a cool setting. I did this with some APC's and it didn't cause any weird fades. Drying them with cool air means they won't shrink all crazy and if they're raw, will set like that pretty well.

I'm too old for this, serious. Otherwise, that is exactly what I'd do.

RRLs break in quite nicely. I was thinking about hemming my joints for a while and I eventually decided against it. I'm happy with my decision.

also - terry socks are the best. everyone should have at least one pair.

I've always just gotten the 32 inseam before, and yeah, they break in well. I think that I may just see it through, and let them stack for a week.

Doesn't sound like you need a hem...dunno, I guess I'm usually ok with having dumb-looking stacks for a bit until the denim settles. Wouldn't they look a bit off (spreading out up the length of the lower leg instead of stacking just above the hem) regardless when they're all new and crispy? I'm pretty sure all of my raw denim has done this.

It depends on the cut of the denim more than anything else, ime. If they are really narrow below the knee (Diors, Triple Works,) then there is really no place for the denim to go except at the hem. I mean, for my Triple works, I honestly cannot pull them up to my calves. I actually have to put my socks on before putting on trousers. For a more moderate jean, there is more room for bizarre looking stacks the first week or so. In any case, I think that objectively, even now, the stacks look decent, and that it is really mostly in my mind.

13. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Local japanese consignment store has rick labeled as black shadow [​IMG]

14. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

tokio 7? couldn't be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.