• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
What shirt? You got a pic?

http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/am0812wht

This one
smile.gif

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
That's a pretty flimsy reason though. Do you also steer away from trench coats and peacoats? Military origins.

+1 million on this applying to boat shoes though, screw those things

lol what? I've never understood this. People find Peacoats are perfectly fine to wear inland, far away from boats and the sea, but somehow the same doesn't apply to boat shoes?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which one of you michiganders were at some insurance/accounting seminar in Novi today. the girlfriend overheard some dude talking about styleforum and buying clothes.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
lol what? I've never understood this. People find Peacoats are perfectly fine to wear inland, far away from boats and the sea, but somehow the same doesn't apply to boat shoes?

My only gripe with them is that they're ugly as hell. No offense, I know you like them
biggrin.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
which one of you michiganders were at some insurance/accounting seminar in Novi today. the girlfriend overheard some dude talking about styleforum and buying clothes.

yo when it isn't so bad out and i'm a bit more free, prob in may or june, we gotta go to la casa, a^2 has a location. no idea who is in novi though

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
yo when it isn't so bad out and i'm a bit more free, prob in may or june, we gotta go to la casa, a^2 has a location. no idea who is in novi though

i'm in.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attachment 63537 looks like Ye shops at ln-cc
laugh.gif
on a side note, the pants with the hem ties are cool.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really, really want the nonnative student bracelets...might have to try a Y! JPN auctions proxy cause I really want the wine one. How much do these proxy things generally cost?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
I really, really want the nonnative student bracelets...might have to try a Y! JPN auctions proxy cause I really want the wine one. How much do these proxy things generally cost?
ln-cc has the beige and olive colored ones if your into those. is NAME a japanese clothing company? anyone know? they make some cool shorts.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
bought 5 oxfords last night, but i feel so much more comfy in a knit + tee
ffffuuuu.gif

My spidey senses tell me that you should have purchased 1 oxford of better fit and build and saved yourself the disappointment. I could be wrong, but spidey sense is strong on this one after your last few posts.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
ln-cc has the beige and olive colored ones if your into those.

is NAME a japanese clothing company? anyone know? they make some cool shorts.

Yeah but I'm thinking it might even be cheaper getting a proxy from Japan since a few used ones pop up often

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ will return all if they do not fit. the most is i'll get hit with $7 return shipping.

you can call this an experiment (while the shirts are relatively cheap

more so, my body atm may change as well. i'm pretty thin but post work out my shoulders and chest maybe wider. i have to admit though, all 9 of my shirts currently fit well in the body imo, but the arm is humongous as i can extend my arm and pull at the sleeves from the side, which has 1" + or material--parachute?

**tapering of the arm is an easy alteration? and what length is good for wearing untucked (might as well ask)?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Tapering the sleeve isn't difficult as long as there isn't anything crazy going on with the sleeves.

I usually try to keep a good 2" or more between the lower-most point on the shirt and the crotch of the pants, but there's definitely some wiggle room in there. I'd say the whole thing should fall below the beltline, though, including the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads