Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

2. Meis

Meis Senior member

That's a pretty flimsy reason though. Do you also steer away from trench coats and peacoats? Military origins.

+1 million on this applying to boat shoes though, screw those things

lol what? I've never understood this. People find Peacoats are perfectly fine to wear inland, far away from boats and the sea, but somehow the same doesn't apply to boat shoes?

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

which one of you michiganders were at some insurance/accounting seminar in Novi today. the girlfriend overheard some dude talking about styleforum and buying clothes.

4. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

lol what? I've never understood this. People find Peacoats are perfectly fine to wear inland, far away from boats and the sea, but somehow the same doesn't apply to boat shoes?

My only gripe with them is that they're ugly as hell. No offense, I know you like them [​IMG]

5. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

which one of you michiganders were at some insurance/accounting seminar in Novi today. the girlfriend overheard some dude talking about styleforum and buying clothes.

=/ People talk about SF IRL?

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

yo when it isn't so bad out and i'm a bit more free, prob in may or june, we gotta go to la casa, a^2 has a location. no idea who is in novi though

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yo when it isn't so bad out and i'm a bit more free, prob in may or june, we gotta go to la casa, a^2 has a location. no idea who is in novi though

i'm in.

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Attachment 63537 looks like Ye shops at ln-cc[​IMG] on a side note, the pants with the hem ties are cool.
    [​IMG]

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I really, really want the nonnative student bracelets...might have to try a Y! JPN auctions proxy cause I really want the wine one. How much do these proxy things generally cost?

11. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I really, really want the nonnative student bracelets...might have to try a Y! JPN auctions proxy cause I really want the wine one. How much do these proxy things generally cost?
    ln-cc has the beige and olive colored ones if your into those. is NAME a japanese clothing company? anyone know? they make some cool shorts.

12. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

bought 5 oxfords last night, but i feel so much more comfy in a knit + tee [​IMG]

My spidey senses tell me that you should have purchased 1 oxford of better fit and build and saved yourself the disappointment. I could be wrong, but spidey sense is strong on this one after your last few posts.

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

ln-cc has the beige and olive colored ones if your into those.

is NAME a japanese clothing company? anyone know? they make some cool shorts.

Yeah but I'm thinking it might even be cheaper getting a proxy from Japan since a few used ones pop up often

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^ will return all if they do not fit. the most is i'll get hit with $7 return shipping.

you can call this an experiment (while the shirts are relatively cheap

more so, my body atm may change as well. i'm pretty thin but post work out my shoulders and chest maybe wider. i have to admit though, all 9 of my shirts currently fit well in the body imo, but the arm is humongous as i can extend my arm and pull at the sleeves from the side, which has 1" + or material--parachute?

**tapering of the arm is an easy alteration? and what length is good for wearing untucked (might as well ask)?

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Tapering the sleeve isn't difficult as long as there isn't anything crazy going on with the sleeves.

I usually try to keep a good 2" or more between the lower-most point on the shirt and the crotch of the pants, but there's definitely some wiggle room in there. I'd say the whole thing should fall below the beltline, though, including the sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.