Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Yeah, I don't know what their issue is. I emailed them back abou tit, and they are much less prompt to reply [​IMG]

there's one in spain that refused to deduct VAT because somehow they would then have to charge me more for shipping? their response made no sense...and they have also stopped using national postal service because of "terrorist threats" so dhl hell with increased prices and who knows what other customs/fees..........

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

^You'd think they'd have it figured out by now...

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

wow, gayest fucking news ever. THe leather I bought from this guy was apparently sold while I was making a deal with him. Cuz he was selling me his friends leather from the cosignment store he operates.

[​IMG]

lmao arrrgh

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

I know man..he said that its cuz when he let me know he could sell it someone just walked in, and bought it cuz it was a steal price. [​IMG] I can't hate on a nikka for that.

IMO, things happen for a reason though so I think maybe I'll cough up the extra cash for the fw 09 rider, [​IMG]

or buy whatever happens to come my way that sparks interest!

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I typically ship shirts and pants well folded in a flat rate envelope to avoid the jump in costs when using a box of any sort. I don't jam a whole closet in their obviously so if I'm shipping jackets or shoes, there's no choice but a box, but for shirts, tees, and pants, it's USPS priority international in a flat rate envelope and it provides the right amount of tracking within the US and Canada and even other areas in Europe. It isn't the "up to the minute" tracking like EMS, but it does tell you when it arrives at customs or to the destination.

6. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

That Gingham Cameraman is SO damn tempting, sup Zissou? How do you like yours? I figured you'd be the guy to ask.

7. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

That Gingham Cameraman is SO damn tempting, sup Zissou? How do you like yours? I figured you'd be the guy to ask.

Pop into Camouflage in Chelsea, they have a bunch, in a few colorways IIRC.

Also did you make it to Nepenthes this weekend?

8. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Pop into Camouflage in Chelsea, they have a bunch, in a few colorways IIRC.

Also did you make it to Nepenthes this weekend?

Sadly not, K, looking forward to fucking with this jacket quite possibly, selling my virgils soon so that frees up a bit of cash.

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

No worries, I'll pop in after work one of these days but it's been a crazy few weeks with all this apartment hunting.

That NC could be pretty awesome in your wardrobe though, but it really is kind of jarring in person (which I love haha)

10. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Virgils be suede (sand or black) by any chance?

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Love that Gingham version, but I have little use for it here. My Mac/Harris Tweed version got a lot of use during the wet winter/spring. I haven't seen anyone pick up the gingham version, which I think you should do since you're a trend setter [​IMG]

12. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

No worries, I'll pop in after work one of these days but it's been a crazy few weeks with all this apartment hunting.

That NC could be pretty awesome in your wardrobe though, but it really is kind of jarring in person (which I love haha)

Hell yeah dude, this with my screen printed jeans cuffed and a pink oxford, white CDG play chuck lo's BOOM.

Virgils be suede (sand or black) by any chance?

Choco Brown Suede US 8 (our size)

Love that Gingham version, but I have little use for it here. My Mac/Harris Tweed version got a lot of use during the wet winter/spring. I haven't seen anyone pick up the gingham version, which I think you should do since you're a trend setter [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

so i'm finally understanding what it takes to have self-control/patient and save up the extra cash to buy what you really want. spend it on that 'better' quality shirt or pants or shoes. pay the 'premium' to love something that you 'invest' in for a long time. looking at my wardrobe i probably have collected low to high end pieces that i enjoy wearing daily (student concept) and other pieces that i'll wear on occasion. anyways, my dilemma lately is the idea of tailoring basics (with all the talk of basics etc etc beat to death topic). Is it really worth it to have a dozen shirts tailored or better to start from scratch and buy better fitting tops from the beginning? my feeling on this is that it may cost me well over $100 (i have quite a lot of shirts) to have them all tailored etc. (Sleeve widths just a tad wide i guess, i really don't mind the shoulders/chest/waist) Will probably find my best fitting shirt and just ask to use it as a template for other shirts.

so i may be set back $100 +/-, and i also know $100 +/- will not buy me anything really tho, but as i formerly stated, it could be a start to saving up for a new 'collection'. (e.g. 'no kop feb' was probably the best thing that i committed to in terms of shopping for my wardrobe).

tl;dr -- should i spend hundred or MORE to have all my shirts tailored, or just get rid of and rebuy? (i mean NOT all my shirts are shitty fit, but you know...i.e. i just ordered some rugby oxfords and expect them to be a lot better than my j.crew/LEC so in turn i will dump my j.crew/LEC and buy more rugby,ToJ, etc. etc. )

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

so i'm finally understanding what it takes to have some patients

are you a licensed practitioner ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.