Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Why do you hate xkcd?

It's a mediocre-ranging-to-godawful comic that would be hanging out in some dark corner of the internet if it didn't appeal to/flatter a specific subgroup. Also the art is bad, not that it's stick figures but just that the draftsmanship and layouts make every strip subtly shittier and harder to understand.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

A specific subgroup? You mean nerds?

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

A specific subgroup? You mean nerds?
    The subgroup of people who want to see a 'wacky' computer programmer have a poorly conveyed electric skateboard race with the guy from Firefly, years and years after everyone else stopped caring about Firefly. And similar things. edit: basically what I mean instead is that in 95% of xkcd comics he substitutes a sense of recognition for anything funny or clever. Wired subscribers are not the only people who do this, if I started listing literature blogs that rely on a sense of recognition/implicitly flattering the reader for their comedy value we would be here all night. It's just irritating because 'Comic Sans Macabre' or whatever doesn't get linked to me in every Internet community I'm a part of.

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

MA+ has some badass leather goods

5. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Makeshift_Robot, I appreciate the amount of Achewood phrasing that you work into your posts (re: "poorly conveyed"). A friend of mine once referred to Ray's Toilet Party as the "Last Year at Marienbad" of this generation, if that means anything to you. And yeah, m.a+ has excellent leather. Gonna get one of the leather/cotton 8 pocket bags, I think.

6. Binker

Binker Senior member

This is exactly it. I don't like that Mauro has obviously continuously used this forum as beta testers for his garments and never said, "My bad, these are all wrong, send them back and we'll refund you." And I mean, from a financial standpoint that's disastrous for sure, but that would be the consequence of releasing an item that clearly hasn't been put through it's paces. I'm sure Mauro is a "nice guy" or whatever but that doesn't mean he should be immune to criticism for taking thousands of dollars in exchange for clearly faulty product.

youre a type brotha, you never miss an opportunity to express indignation. youre a sensitive lad, i get that, and you wouldnt want to let anyone get away with anything, but this one here affects you not at all and the stakes couldnt be fucking lower. dont get all heated because im honestly not trying to insult you, but do you really think you just care a whole lot more about everything than everybody else or is it maybe one of them psychological thingys?

7. Binker

Binker Senior member

Can anyone PM me a working USPS Priority tracking confirmation customs number to Canada with the form LC#########US? I sent a priority package on the 4th to Saskatoon, SK and dude said he hasn't received it and tracking is not working. It's weird because every time I've sent a priority package I've been able to track with the customs number, but they've always started with CP.

Just wondering if this form number actually works as delivery confirmation or if the PO just fucked up the package.

dont think its a mistake, im pretty sure there is no tracking component to that number

8. ZhiMingBuFanDe

ZhiMingBuFanDe Senior member

How are S2A leathers? The leather bomber on Gilt for $230 looks like an OK deal.

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

MA+ has some badass leather goods

Ma+ astronomically price

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

What's the difference between cow and horse for a pair of shoes?

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

What's the difference between cow and horse for a pair of shoes?

Horse is usually waaay stiffer even if it isn't cordovan.

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

Horse is usually waaay stiffer even if it isn't cordovan.
    The hides are also more waxy IMO (this is my backlash engineer boots) Feels good, I want some Augusta lace ups in black horse leather

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Also because it is stiffer it'll crease differently even if not cordovan. Grain is a little different too, not that anyone will notice.

I prefer calf for dress shoes.

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

thanks for the responses
    whats cooler for a pair of fake carpe diem shoes?

I don't know the whole story on how dude can put out exact replicas of carpe shoes right down the model number, but the quality is just as good as carpe diem.

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I believe I'd have to inquire directly to the source hint hint nudge nudge

(real answer though, horse)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.