1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I don't want to join a world tour, I am a germaphobe. I also have like 4 pairs of sz 27 DH jeans that are chillin amongst the 20 other pairs of skinny jeans that I own. [​IMG] I just go overkill on like one item or fit (last winter was Raf in a big way) and wear the hell out of it for a month or two and then move on. Not sure how this winter is gonna shape up bt I figure I will be taking it in a new direction, I realized all of my clothes are old.

2. asobu

asobu Senior member

got pics of said junya piece?

3. impolyt_one

i posted it in Rcent Purchases way back in June or something.

4. impolyt_one

My dog is stylin on me again

5. jet

jet Senior member

man, coppin is hard work

6. impolyt_one

I am thinking about copping myself a 3-piece suit in my own style cut. Less MC more TOJ. My leather jacket maker is also a tailor for suits and he has a stack of Dormeuil that I yearn for every time I go see him.

7. robbie

robbie Senior member

its obvious, very obvious actually

Target directly copies jCrew, who directly copies ....

And whats hillarious is they hire some of the same models as well.

robbie

8. snake

snake Senior member

BR, J crew, AE and UO threads are all on first page. Whats happening to SF..

9. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

BR, J crew, AE and UO threads are all on first page. Whats happening to SF..

people with hobbies other than clothing (eg would rather buy a new computer than a new jacket) are coming [​IMG]

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I need to buy a new computer more than a new jacket now actually. Got the feeling that the one I built before college isn't going to run Dragon Age very well [​IMG]

11. daft

daft Senior member

anyone know when the barney's one day sale is going to be?

12. erbs

erbs Senior member

its obvious, very obvious actually

Target directly copies jCrew, who directly copies ....

And whats hillarious is they hire some of the same models as well.

robbie

Reminds me of that quote in Pattern Recognition describing Tommy Hilfiger: "A simulacra of simulacra of simulacra. A dilute tincture of Ralph Lauren, who had himself diluted the glory days of Brooks Brothers, who themselves had stepped on the product of Jermyn Street and Savile Row ... There must be some Tommy Hilfiger event horizon, beyond which it is impossible to be more derivative, more removed from the source, more devoid of soul."

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

pattern recognition was such a good book.

14. snake

snake Senior member

people with hobbies other than clothing (eg would rather buy a new computer than a new jacket) are coming [​IMG]
    Not a world I want to live in!
    I need to buy a new computer more than a new jacket now actually. Got the feeling that the one I built before college isn't going to run Dragon Age very well [​IMG]
    I can't even spend $60 on a game anymore without thinking about saving up for some new threads (thanks SF!). mod warfare 2 looks sick though.. IC: Anyone out there want to buy my ps3? [​IMG]

15. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

anyone know where to buy a really nice guitar strap? seems like one of those accessories one of the rock music inspired labels would have put out but i've never heard of that being done (someone educate me if im wrong)

i mean christ there are $400 selvage baseball gloves there has to be a market for a rad guitar strap

16. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I can't even spend $60 on a game anymore without thinking about saving up for some new threads (thanks SF!). mod warfare 2 looks sick though..
    I just convince myself that if a game can keep me from going out for a weekend then it has more than paid for itself. Modern Warfare 2 will definitely pay for itself

17. Teger

Teger Senior member

paul smith has so made a guitar strap..

18. Desi

Desi Senior member

i didn't even know it came out already (thought the 10th) until i saw it yesterday. i wanted the cloth map with the limited edition.

19. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

anyone know when the barney's one day sale is going to be?

I would also like to know.

20. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

paul smith has so made a guitar strap..

was it cool? paul smith isn't super interesting to me but when he's on he's on. i liked the farmboy runways how he did recently until the suits came out in it. also paul smith himself would be great as an embarassing but well meaning dad.

too bad all googles for paul smith give me shit about paul reed smith. quotes and -reed dont really help either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.