Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Jet with a grain of salt) but you are definitely part of the problem. You pretty much treat SWD like CE.

[​IMG]

Snowman, for example, does not dress like a gay astronaut or whatever you just called him.

also i never called him a gay astronaut.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

it's a compliment, he's called you savory

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

snowman's tag needs to be changed from "senior member" to "gay astronaut" asap.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

saying that snowman's pants make him look bowlegged is an objective statement: even he concedes they do.
    He is bow legged. Why don't you offer some type of advice of what pants will make him look less bowlegged in your critiques? tbh i thought his last fit was great. There's nothing he can do about his bow legs so why worry about them? it's not that big a deal.

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

What do the Styleforum gentlemen think about using pocket squares in the back pocket of jeans? classy? trashy?
    That depends on what type of encounter you're attempting to arrange.
    I went to look at Levi's 511 today thinking that they would sub for the grey diors that I cannot find for less than $500 but they were just off. Maybe the average person on the street could not tell, but I can. Horrendous hip flare. Also, soft mushy denim. Made me feel like crap.
    I think this varies from person to person in terms of fit (not the soft, mushy denim part, which seems to be pretty common with Levi's). I think MoK looked great in his last fit with 511s, and it could just be that the cut works for his body type.
    That fit I posted monday that was maligned by many on here, I actually liked notwithstanding not being sure about the hat. SF in general were VERY sure about the hat and that it must die. Posted it on SZ, where the general opinion was that the pants were the only thing wrong with it.
    I liked the hat, and I didn't think the pants went well with the rest of the fit. <leaves to join SZ>
    what this debate really is is 'how much subjectivity exists in what looks good/how we judge what looks good.' you clearly think things are more subjective than i do - to me there exist certain universal rules that exist as a consequence of things like personal body type that can't really be disregarded, regardless of what your personal aesthetic is. i don't presuppose the correctness of my own perspective, because the things i'm talking about aren't my own perspective, they're just objective observations that are pretty inarguable. the real question is how much do these observations matter.
    Guys, I think the issue here is that most people here are just into fashion, but Teger's talking about style, which is timeless and classic.
    Please someone make this happen.

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

down
    He is bow legged. Why don't you offer some type of advice of what pants will make him look less bowlegged in your critiques?

tbh i thought his last fit was great. There's nothing he can do about his bow legs so why worry about them? it's not that big a deal.

its all good hendrix. i could do a bunch of stuff to look less bowlegged but it cuts down a lot of options. if i follow the rules, i cant wear tapered pants, no skinny jeans, no cargo pants...etc
    just plain old dad jeans for snowman[​IMG]

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

advice: wear normal pants

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I liked the hat, and I didn't think the pants went well with the rest of the fit.

<leaves to join SZ>
    [​IMG]

Guys, I think the issue here is that most people here are just into fashion, but Teger's talking about style, which is timeless and classic.

i look at style as one's creativity to put something together. if you go into barneys and kop what the manikin is wearing, you might look good, but you(yourself) dont have style

9. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

why is teger so mean [​IMG] ? snowman i got your back bro [​IMG] [​IMG] edit: going to shorten sleeves. will leave the overall length alone. will post fit pic after alteration [​IMG]

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

advice: wear normal pants

but this will not work with the top that i wore.

ex. synth. he could not wear normal pants with his drapey tops, would look off.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

why is teger so mean [​IMG] ? snowman i got your back bro [​IMG]

i didn't wear this today but took a pic to get some advice:

[​IMG]

the sleeve is a little too long imo. should i get the overall length altered too? any suggestions?

sleeve is definitely too long (not a little).

hard to tell jacket length from that angle.. button stance looks a little low. is it one button?

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

hard to tell jacket length from that angle.. button stance looks a little low. is it one button?
    It's two button and he only buttoned the bottom one. Mystery solved.

My Augustas got here today - they are in better shape than I even anticipated, aside the usual creasing they might as well be unworn. I was worried they'd be too small. In fact they're actually a bit too big, which is unexpected. I will re-assess the situation when I get home and try an insole.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Actually thats more mysterious How's your toe?

14. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

I never thought I would be dressed head to toe (minus the shoes) in faded glory... Does this ruin any cred that I may have earned from my previous life on styleforum?

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Swelling has gone down and like I say they fit big, but I still only tried on the right one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.