Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

a lot of high end brands sell terrible cut pants. a good example is rag & bone.

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

mistake #1 : rag&bone = high end

3. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

I had a dream last night that I had to be Santa for a group of kids at a Christmas dinner. I was wearing a red knit cap and long red belted cardigan from Inverallan. The kids were looking at me like "WTF is this skinny ass Santa doing in his bathrobe??"

Not sure where that dream came from...

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

speaking of watches, and since this is a style forum, any one see the kva X maurice lacroix watch. two architects reworked the watch as well. kva's was the best[​IMG]

5. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

mistake #1 : rag&bone = high end

oh ok. how about oxxford? is that high end enough? [​IMG]

6. MarkI

MarkI Distinguished Member

My boss wears what are probably $300 jeans from Brioni, and they all have terrible washes/fits.

7. snake

snake Distinguished Member

I am jealous of the cheap pants/jeans posse. I just can't wear cheap pants and it consumes $ that would otherwise go to outerwear.

I went to look at Levi's 511 today thinking that they would sub for the grey diors that I cannot find for less than $500 but they were just off. Maybe the average person on the street could not tell, but I can. Horrendous hip flare. Also, soft mushy denim. Made me feel like crap.

+1
    Buying pants is far the hardest clothing item for me to buy. Not too many options out there that'll give my chicken legs a nice fit without it either a) be too relaxed in the thigh or b) end up looking painted on. Not to mention most stores around here only carry size m-xxl.

Diors are nice and I've found raf, julius and ann d to fit me quite well.

I've tried levis in the past and it's ridiculous how bad they look on me. I really wish there were cheaper options, I really do, but I've yet to find any. I suspect uniqlo would work for me but unfortunately theres no stores around here.

8. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

you should try H&M. H&M cuts very, very slim.

9. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

i blame rfx45 for the current state of sf.

10. Knisse

Knisse Senior Member

And what is the current state? Sneakers are always worn a lot during summer..

11. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

this kind of trashy streetwear designer aesthetic. is it a bad thing? probably not.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I blame you. The current state of SF is people making hyperbolic, aggressive and often categorical statements as bluntly as possible in the hopes that that exaggerated, belligerent tone will convey a sense of confidence in the opinion expressed such that people will follow along. SF is all about shit like "the only good GATs are white low MMM GATs, none of the others are even wearable". I recall seeing that posted in the baller sneaker thread and it's just fucking ridiculous. I don't know if you started this (arguably one could blame Jet if not for the fact that everyone takes Jet with a grain of salt) but you are definitely part of the problem. You pretty much treat SWD like CE.

13. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

I blame you. The current state of SF is people making hyperbolic, aggressive and often categorical statements as bluntly as possible in the hopes that that exaggerated, belligerent tone will convey a sense of confidence in the opinion expressed such that people will follow along. SF is all about shit like "the only good GATs are white low MMM GATs, none of the others are even wearable". I recall seeing that posted in the baller sneaker thread and it's just fucking ridiculous. I don't know if you started this (arguably one could blame Jet if not for the fact that everyone takes Jet with a grain of salt) but you are definitely part of the problem. You pretty much treat SWD like CE.

what am i saying that's hyperbolic? snowman's pants looked bad. he shouldn't wear pants that fit like that. right now sf is about expensive designer sneakers and a kind of streetwear influenced designer look, and that's ok. and as ive said in many threads in many forums: blunt criticism is good because it eliminates the circlejerk attitude that grows on any forum. im part of my own circlejerk too (hi magician [​IMG]).

14. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

yah, we are a necessary evil;

15. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

also i'd define 'rfx45 syndrome' as that picture he posted wearing a nice ro leather with a dress shirt with the neck unbuttoned and a tie. luckily he seems to be moving beyond that. at least homie isn't buying fucking LV sneakers by the dozen (or at least he's not posting them here). the good part is that he seems to have injected streetwear influences back into the forum, but the bad news is that sometimes streetwear is really, really tacky. it's about weeding the good from the bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.