Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Pretty much anything above the mall brand level, Uniqlo and H&M included. My best fitting pair of pants are jeans from Uniqlo that I got a couple of summers ago. But sizing is sometimes an issue. I got another color in the same cut the following summer and they fit a lot tighter and didn't stretch at all. I didn't find this out until it was too late, since I didn't want to wait in the seven-mile line to get into the lone dressing room area.

2. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Can I use that in my signature block? Funniest thing I read all day.

Pretty much anything above the mall brand level, Uniqlo and H&M included. My best fitting pair of pants are jeans from Uniqlo that I got a couple of summers ago. But sizing is sometimes an issue. I got another color in the same cut the following summer and they fit a lot tighter and didn't stretch at all. I didn't find this out until it was too late, since I didn't want to wait in the seven-mile line to get into the lone dressing room area.

i once bought a pair of light gray flannel pants from uniqlo. this and a pair of socks are the only things i had the patience to buy from there. people say "oh what a great store for basics" but i can't stand it. shopping there is what i imagine hell to be like. i hear it used to be easy to boost from so i guess that's one thing that might have had people hyped on it.

johnH - i didn't come up with it, that was a line from the song "Vans" by the Pack (rap group from Berkeley).

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I don't understand why cheaper clothes have such a problem with cut. Is it that hard to replicate the patterns of higher-end brands?

They don't have a problem with cut. You have a problem with their cut. It's different. Take a poll of 100 guys walking around, and they will not want jeans that are fitted - and by fitted, I mean cuts that Styleforum would consider "relaxed". The brands make the clothes their customer's want.

4. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Also want to say that jil colorblock suit Scott got is one of my grails... If you ever want to sell..

5. APK

APK Senior member

i once bought a pair of light gray flannel pants from uniqlo. this and a pair of socks are the only things i had the patience to buy from there. people say "oh what a great store for basics" but i can't stand it. shopping there is what i imagine hell to be like. i hear it used to be easy to boost from so i guess that's one thing that might have had people hyped on it.

johnH - i didn't come up with it, that was a line from the song "Vans" by the Pack (rap group from Berkeley).

Their socks and underwear are some of the best purchases I've made in a long time from a practicality standpoint. But I'd only want to roll through that place early on a Monday. That's when I visited the place for the first time and it was mostly empty. I foolishly expected it to be that way when I went again on a Friday evening. [​IMG]

6. dnsnlsn

dnsnlsn Member

What do the Styleforum gentlemen think about using pocket squares in the back pocket of jeans? classy? trashy?

7. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Their socks and underwear are some of the best purchases I've made in a long time from a practicality standpoint. But I'd only want to roll through that place early on a Monday. That's when I visited the place for the first time and it was mostly empty. I foolishly expected it to be that way when I went again on a Friday evening. [​IMG]
    word. i feel u. underwear and socks don't really last that long so it doesn't make sense to try and ball out in that arena i guess. la guy i think uncontrol has a point. it's not just that they are relaxed. i like jeans both ways - tight or loose. i think by SF anal standards i am easy to please. the fit on some joints will be fucked, like i can't imagine someone that they would look good on. the levi's stf might be an example of this.

8. DLester

DLester Senior member

what do you mean by mid to high end deisgner? i often go cheap on pants because i wear them out pretty quickly but i have owned jeans from the following:
    I am jealous of the cheap pants/jeans posse. I just can't wear cheap pants and it consumes $ that would otherwise go to outerwear. I went to look at Levi's 511 today thinking that they would sub for the grey diors that I cannot find for less than $500 but they were just off. Maybe the average person on the street could not tell, but I can. Horrendous hip flare. Also, soft mushy denim. Made me feel like crap. Later I watched my football club get knocked out of the Champions League, made for a turdburger of a day. Shah, you understand my pain yes?

9. APK

APK Senior member

Why do you think that is, DLester? You obviously aren't a fat dude or anything. Is it just a matter of even slightly having hips getting amplified by the cut? Or is it something else?

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

the dior dauphin gray joint? i would have bought those (i went to barney's with sole intent of buying) but diors are one brand that i don't like the fit of.

when i said cheap i really meant by SF standards, i.e. nowadays i try to stay under 200.

11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I am jealous of the cheap pants/jeans posse. I just can't wear cheap pants and it consumes $ that would otherwise go to outerwear.

I went to look at Levi's 511 today thinking that they would sub for the grey diors that I cannot find for less than $500 but they were just off. Maybe the average person on the street could not tell, but I can. Horrendous hip flare. Also, soft mushy denim. Made me feel like crap.

Later I watched my football club get knocked out of the Champions League, made for a turdburger of a day. Shah, you understand my pain yes?

Levis have always looked absolutely terrible on me. A lot of pants look pretty good, I think, including brands like APC, Lang, Petrov, KVA and Rick - and I honestly have never been able to understand how levis look normal on so many people.

Also, fuck Chelsea. Ryan Giggs is an unstoppable force of nature. It better be man u/ barca in the final.

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

Why do you think that is, DLester? You obviously aren't a fat dude or anything. Is it just a matter of even slightly having hips getting amplified by the cut? Or is it something else?

They have way way to much room in the upper thigh. I played soccer so I don't know why this is an issue *smacks forehead*

the dior dauphin gray joint?
    ya, those or mist. any of yall sellling?

Also, fuck Chelsea. Ryan Giggs is an unstoppable force of nature. It better be man u/ barca in the final.
    yeah well lately we have been fucking ourselves just fine thank you.

btw I will be posting waywts while standing in front of both Camp Nou and the Bernabeu this summer ~~~.

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

uniqlo sucks because they never fucking make white jeans in T-000, only in S-001 [​IMG]

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

As far as pants are concerned lanvin fit the worst. Margiela (some cuts) fit well, jil fits excellent and the best fitting ones I have are vb. When I tried them on a few years ago at fred segal my girl was blown away at how nice the cut was. Of course they retailed for 800 at the time.

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

do they still make veronique branquinho? i thought label was defunct

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.