1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodini

whodini Senior member

^because of her character, or her looks? I'll admit that her character pisses me off a little, but god those shots where you see half of her face on a pillow nearly killed me.
    Both. The former because I've known/dated girls that are that fucking flakey and the latter because her haircut looks like it's quietly humming a Death Cab b-side.

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

her haircut looks like it's quietly humming a Death Cab b-side.
    MMMMMMM.....

yeah, fuck flaky girls.

3. the shah

the shah Senior member

barracuda boots, any thoughts on quality and construction ? there's nothing on SF about them except one guy was selling them cuz they didn't fit

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Did APC ever do a charcoal/black wash for the Petit Standard?

5. toothsomesound

Also I was in J Crew the other day and I really liked a lot of the new shirt patterns, very nice, but of course fit and materials are still garbage. They have those Schneider rip off shirts that made me laugh. Might cop one or two on sale and get them tailored or something.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

Also I was in J Crew the other day and I really liked a lot of the new shirt patterns, very nice, but of course fit and materials are still garbage. They have those Schneider rip off shirts that made me laugh. Might cop one or two on sale and get them tailored or something.
    Link to the SS rip offs. I'm curious.

7. toothsomesound

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

Ah, ok. Yeah, I think I saw the same thing when I went in last week. Definitely gave me the lulz.

9. robbie

robbie Senior member

it was easier to be content with my wardrobe when i had places to window shop

now the only real place i can window shop is the interwebz

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Got the Margiela book today, gorgeous and huge. Purchase now!

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Good to hear. I might throw it on a short xmas list. Looked cool.

12. breakz

breakz Senior member

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

14. snake

snake Senior member

I think shoes are the most difficult thing for me to shop for.

15. slaani

slaani Senior member

Internet shoe shopping is pretty much impossible for me too. I blame having clownshoe size feet; giant sizes can really fuck up the dimensions on some shoes.

16. snake

snake Senior member

^ I've got some small ass feet (41) but since there's no stores around me that carry what I want, I have to settle to buying without first trying them on. Hate that.

17. whodini

whodini Senior member

I think shoes are the most difficult thing for me to shop for.
    I'm the same way. It's far easier for me to spend the same $xxx on shit I already have like shirts or outerwear than shoes. I like shoes but I often feel like they're just to "nice" or "dressy" for day-to-day use. There are a couple of PS shoes that I've almost pulled the trigger on but have always decided that my closet is too streetwear casual for that. So even if I'm not dropping coin on "nice" shoes that would only collect dust in my closet it's still hard for me to find something casual or less than "nice" that I'd NEED to buy. But maybe it's not necessarily a bad thing to be "unbalanced" in one part of the closet than others. I've begun to look at it as knowing exactly what I'm happy with without lots of mistakes in experimentation. After all, you're only going to wear what fits and what's comfortable. I will say, however, that the boots purchases I've made this fall have helped a lot with adding some needed flavor.

18. APK

APK Senior member

I'm the same way, which is why I'll shop with Zappos if they have what I want. The free shipping both ways policy is incredibly helpful when it comes to a shoe not fitting well.

I feel like I owe Zappos a transaction soon because of an order I placed this summer that went like this:

- Order shoes
    - Attempted delivery two days later, wasn't home
    - Attempted delivery the next day, wasn't home
    - Attempted delivery the next day, wasn't home
    - Item sent back to Zappos by time I got in touch with UPS
    - Contact Zappos, they send replacement pair right away before receiving the other pair back
    - Receive the replacement shoes
    - Send them back on Zappos' dime because they didn't fit well
    - Opt for refund instead of credit or replacement
    - Feel like shithead

19. dmash

dmash Senior member

Zappos customer service and return policies are the BEST. Not to mention it's overnight free to you for everything.

Random thought....Would any of you guys seriously wear these>?
    [​IMG]

20. slaani

slaani Senior member

It's far easier for me to spend the same $xxx on shit I already have like shirts or outerwear than shoes. I like shoes but I often feel like they're just to "nice" or "dressy" for day-to-day use.

Definitely heard that, especially as a student. I find myself deciding not to wear my ricards in outfits that would do well with them, just because decent shoes seem out of place for putzing around campus. Sucks because I fiended over them for months before I finally found and copped, and now I have worn them a grand total of twice since no occasion seems appropriate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.