• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Give me ideas for halloween costumes. I needz them. The fortune teller thing ain't bad. Maybe i should start a thread in general chat or something

I'm going as the same thing I went as for the last two Halloweens...

1960191519_2467799953_o.jpg

How can you improve on perfection?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call me shallow, but I don't really understand the thought processes that go into the choice of some of these male models.
surface_to_air_kaoboi_shirt620.jpg
Seriously, they couldn't do any better than Ralph Wiggum here?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
haha totally can see you as that.

I've been studying this video diligently:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guys from Jeans Bug in Yamagata sent me a follow up thank you for buying jeans from them, but I'm not quite sure what they are impying with this bit: "Since we are vegetarian, and will also thank you!" Oh, and I really shouldn't buy another item made from indigo denim for at least a year. Someone shoot me if I do.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm done shopping for cold weather gear, time to look forward to spring!

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am so excited
post_old.gif
1 hour ago # 2049
clear.gif
dismalfuture postwhore joined: May 2006 location: bringing food and steez to the victims posts: 8,056 rep power: 1628
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
icon1.gif
Current and future news at the Temple of Jawnz: -winter varsity IS coming out, with snaps, and all that you guys wanted. To increase wether-friendliness and overall durability, the newest iteration of the TOJ varsity jacket will be thick wool blend, 90/10 W/N, which is a thick firm-feeling alternative to the typical cheap 60/40 W/N melton wool that you guys typically see in varsities. It should be able to shrug a little bit of light snow or flurries off it. Sleeves will be a nice cowhide this time, thicker (about 2-3 times as thick as the TOJ0) and obviously heavier, and then the whole thing will be lined in cotton-faced insulated quilt, so it will have quite a bit more heft and thickness over the TOJ0. We will get striped trims for a few colors and then we'll have solids as before, this time chunky ribbed to match the season. It'll be tagged out as a TOJ piece and then we can offer all kinds of custom patches for a small surcharge (maybe $10 for letters and then we can offer some crazy chenille scripts for across running across the front or back, numbers, sleeve patches, etc for assorted pricing depending on kind and size. Chenille lettering pathes available in Engish, Chinese, or user-provided logos or languages as well. -Wool coat series, as I said, probably 3 things. Definitely a pea coat and a duffle, TOJ style. We will get samples run up within a week from now. I wanted to ask people who own TOJ0's and 1's who have experience being caught in the rain in the cashmere: how did it fare with moisture? I am tossing around the idea of black high-count (20-30%/70-80% C/W) cashmere blend for all 3 winter wool pieces, but it depends on what you guys think with regards to moisture and weatherproofness. Cash is obviously incredibly soft and looks amazing, but can you guys take care of it? It definitely would not be a Pea for rolling around making snow angels in, but it's gonna be the nicest affordable peacoat you'll ever see, if we go that way. It will be subtly leather trimmed and it will be aggressively cut, just don't read that to mean 'cropped' because it won't be. I want it to be your next generation of go-to winter coat. I've been using variations on the same curved sleeve design on my short casual jackets up until now; the TOJ0/1, the leathers, the Harrington, those have all had the same essential curved arm block that curves forward and out. This time, with the winter coats, I want to make the arms really elegant and have them curve both out from the body but ever so slightly curved inwards as well, you will see what I mean when I show you the sample, but I like 'living' clothes that look cool on the hanger too, so the winter coats will have the next-generation of TOJ sleeve cut. It'll be slim but it'll be big enough for everybody to fit into their true size. -We now have the ability to make a lot more stuff too, but we'll not talk about that until we've got some of the above work sorted and underway. It's gonna be a good month ahead though. • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • Temple of Jawnz Varsity team: don't drop your soap http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...d.php?t=153094
user_online.gif

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
lol not everyone treats grammar on a forum like a master's thesis calm down gravitas i'm sure dude knows english. Mauro is the only questionable one...
Sorry, but if you are going to hate on someone, at least do it properly, you know? Anyway, the amount of grammatical errors in the original statement just made my brain hurt. I mean, proper grammar isn't that hard to use. Oh, and i'm being Bjork for Halloween.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
Sorry, but if you are going to hate on someone, at least do it properly, you know? Anyway, the amount of grammatical errors in the original statement just made my brain hurt. I mean, proper grammar isn't that hard to use. Oh, and i'm being Bjork for Halloween.
You so very annoying! Shut **** up already!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads