1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramp

ramp Senior Member

2. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Distinguished Member

(10)?
    did you click the link? then again i also like nike footscape wovens. and some other clarks models (weaver, wally)

3. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

I need to sell a lot of shit. I bought a lot of things in the process of learning to dress well that I just don't wear too much anymore, and it's time to do a closet purge. Not like it's bad stuff, either. I just want to keep a few key items and create a minimal wardrobe, 15 pieces tops. Focus on other things for a while.

4. ramp

ramp Senior Member

did you click the link?

then again i also like nike footscape wovens. and some other clarks models (weaver, wally)

Yeah. I guess we just have different tastes. I can't stand most moc-toes so to me this is a bad twist on an already ugly thing. And they remind me of paddles from the top down view- rectangular without any features or curves.

5. melonadejello

melonadejello Distinguished Member

I need to sell a lot of shit. I bought a lot of things in the process of learning to dress well that I just don't wear too much anymore, and it's time to do a closet purge. Not like it's bad stuff, either. I just want to keep a few key items and create a minimal wardrobe, 15 pieces tops. Focus on other things for a while.

XS/29 stuff? [​IMG]

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Distinguished Member

Yeah. I guess we just have different tastes. I can't stand most moc-toes so to me this is a bad twist on an already ugly thing. And they remind me of paddles from the top down view- rectangular without any features or curves.
    word. i understand what you're saying. i like footwear that many people would call "clunky." sole gotta be thick like a big booty chick

7. A Fellow Linguist

XS/29 stuff? [​IMG]

Yeah, generally. Should be some shirts, nice knits, outerwear and a pair of shoes or two.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. johnH123

johnH123 Distinguished Member

sole gotta be thick like a big booty chick

Can I use that in my signature block? Funniest thing I read all day.

10. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior Member

Why would you want to do this? Unless you lack the space or need the money, is there a reason you feel the need to get rid of your stuff?

11. barims

barims Distinguished Member

As per my latest WAYWRN picture, I am wearing the occasional t-shirt in public now

Also, a minimalist wardrobe is not as easy - or supposedly enjoyable - as it sounds. I still find that I need more trouser cuts and colours for versatility and all the space I created by divesting myself of my more boring and/or dated MC shirts is being filled by more showboating stuff instead

12. Meis

Meis Distinguished Member

Plebe + tailor = your plebe shit fits perfectly.

I've always found this to be kind of overrated- Especially for shirts. People are always pushing MTM or tailoring as the route to go for shirts yet a constantly see results from both that look meh.

plebe + tailor:
    -you need to have a pretty good tailor
    -you need a shirt that at least fits well in unalterable areas (shoulders)
    -if you do it right its going to probably end up costing $$ b/c you're probably getting the sides taken in + slimming sleeves + maybe something else... and going back to the 1st point that really adds up for those of us that don't live in NYC and have shit options for tailors.
    -like notwithit said, really cheap stuff is probably going to be shit as far as materials/patterns/drape and tailoring ain't going to fix that. Why put $30 or so worth of tailoring into something that still feels like shit.

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I really don't understand most of this style as competition thing. At least with respect to what's been discussed here.

Also, I'm dirnking a martini (vodkatini) w/ smoked pickled okra and spicy bean (pickle juice/ smokra juice instead of olive brine). Is there a name for this?

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I really don't understand most of this style as competition thing. At least with respect to what's been discussed here.
    I missed this discussion, what do you mean? I just scrolled around looking for it briefly so maybe it was discussed elsewhere.

15. A Fellow Linguist

Why would you want to do this? Unless you lack the space or need the money, is there a reason you feel the need to get rid of your stuff?
    I feel like I could do a lot better starting over with the knowledge I have now. I doubt I'll be able to or want to maintain the minimal wardrobe for long, but it would be a good base to work with. A lot of the things I have just don't mesh with the direction I want. I spend too much time now thinking about what potential purchases would go with what I already have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.