Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramp

ramp Senior member

2. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

(10)?
    did you click the link? then again i also like nike footscape wovens. and some other clarks models (weaver, wally)

3. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I need to sell a lot of shit. I bought a lot of things in the process of learning to dress well that I just don't wear too much anymore, and it's time to do a closet purge. Not like it's bad stuff, either. I just want to keep a few key items and create a minimal wardrobe, 15 pieces tops. Focus on other things for a while.

4. ramp

ramp Senior member

did you click the link?

then again i also like nike footscape wovens. and some other clarks models (weaver, wally)

Yeah. I guess we just have different tastes. I can't stand most moc-toes so to me this is a bad twist on an already ugly thing. And they remind me of paddles from the top down view- rectangular without any features or curves.

5. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I need to sell a lot of shit. I bought a lot of things in the process of learning to dress well that I just don't wear too much anymore, and it's time to do a closet purge. Not like it's bad stuff, either. I just want to keep a few key items and create a minimal wardrobe, 15 pieces tops. Focus on other things for a while.

XS/29 stuff? [​IMG]

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Yeah. I guess we just have different tastes. I can't stand most moc-toes so to me this is a bad twist on an already ugly thing. And they remind me of paddles from the top down view- rectangular without any features or curves.
    word. i understand what you're saying. i like footwear that many people would call "clunky." sole gotta be thick like a big booty chick

7. A Fellow Linguist

XS/29 stuff? [​IMG]

Yeah, generally. Should be some shirts, nice knits, outerwear and a pair of shoes or two.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

sole gotta be thick like a big booty chick

Can I use that in my signature block? Funniest thing I read all day.

10. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Why would you want to do this? Unless you lack the space or need the money, is there a reason you feel the need to get rid of your stuff?

11. barims

barims Senior member

As per my latest WAYWRN picture, I am wearing the occasional t-shirt in public now

Also, a minimalist wardrobe is not as easy - or supposedly enjoyable - as it sounds. I still find that I need more trouser cuts and colours for versatility and all the space I created by divesting myself of my more boring and/or dated MC shirts is being filled by more showboating stuff instead

12. Meis

Meis Senior member

Plebe + tailor = your plebe shit fits perfectly.

I've always found this to be kind of overrated- Especially for shirts. People are always pushing MTM or tailoring as the route to go for shirts yet a constantly see results from both that look meh.

plebe + tailor:
    -you need to have a pretty good tailor
    -you need a shirt that at least fits well in unalterable areas (shoulders)
    -if you do it right its going to probably end up costing $$ b/c you're probably getting the sides taken in + slimming sleeves + maybe something else... and going back to the 1st point that really adds up for those of us that don't live in NYC and have shit options for tailors.
    -like notwithit said, really cheap stuff is probably going to be shit as far as materials/patterns/drape and tailoring ain't going to fix that. Why put $30 or so worth of tailoring into something that still feels like shit.

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I really don't understand most of this style as competition thing. At least with respect to what's been discussed here.

Also, I'm dirnking a martini (vodkatini) w/ smoked pickled okra and spicy bean (pickle juice/ smokra juice instead of olive brine). Is there a name for this?

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I really don't understand most of this style as competition thing. At least with respect to what's been discussed here.
    I missed this discussion, what do you mean? I just scrolled around looking for it briefly so maybe it was discussed elsewhere.

15. A Fellow Linguist

Why would you want to do this? Unless you lack the space or need the money, is there a reason you feel the need to get rid of your stuff?
    I feel like I could do a lot better starting over with the knowledge I have now. I doubt I'll be able to or want to maintain the minimal wardrobe for long, but it would be a good base to work with. A lot of the things I have just don't mesh with the direction I want. I spend too much time now thinking about what potential purchases would go with what I already have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.