• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, I need new shoes but I dunno what.

eh.gif

silent sneaks are meh

RO sneaks this season are "aite"

Dbss is "aite"

RO boots I really want, but in the summer? hmmm

any other ankle boots/sneaks out there I should look at? I saw some cool rafs on some guys blog, but didnt know the style.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane

eh.gif

silent sneaks are meh

Dbss is "aite"

any other ankle boots/sneaks out there I should look at? I saw some cool rafs on some guys blog, but didnt know the style.

get these

V4QZe.jpg

(no wait, these are the ones i want)

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eh.gif

silent sneaks are meh

Dbss is "aite"

Where do you live? I'm in GA and I am okay with wearing boots and heavy *********** summer, but then again I don't sweat much. Maybe it's the 'nam in me

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
get these

V4QZe.jpg

(no wait, these are the ones i want)

man, i love the way these looks, but i hate that thin shiny leather, looks plasticky. had a sweet pair of Dior boots that prolly looked just like this new, but were dinged up and creased to the point that I thought they might have been rip-offs

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh...cuban heel...

hey waht does "aesthetic" mean?

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Need to praise Lanvin, my shoelaces broke, i mailed them - now they have replied and asked for address, it seems that they are shipping free laces.

This is pretty cool. I'll keep it in mind, thanks for sharing dude.

Random fashion thought: As my baller sneak collection slowly but surely continues to grow, I really need to step my sock game up haha

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CSCoHammers7
This is pretty cool. I'll keep it in mind, thanks for sharing dude.

Random fashion thought: As my baller sneak collection slowly but surely continues to grow, I really need to step my sock game up haha

people see your socks when you wear sneakers?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
man, i love the way these looks, but i hate that thin shiny leather, looks plasticky. had a sweet pair of Dior boots that prolly looked just like this new, but were dinged up and creased to the point that I thought they might have been rip-offs

you think so? i thought the leather looked ok (they're lithium homme)

love the leather on these ysl

JB3.JPG

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I'm getting bored with SW&D, 75%+ of the time I'm wearing diors/rdm solid T/and some kind of sneakers(some baller but mostly non-baller)

I'm starting to be interested in biz casual looks, cuz that's what I wear 8hrs/day. Def not MC, but not SW&D either, save for a few posters

djan

Reaction score
In fact, the summer is also a good season to wear nice boots.
wink.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Where do you live? I'm in GA and I am okay with wearing boots and heavy *********** summer, but then again I don't sweat much. Maybe it's the 'nam in me

I live in the northeast, but the weather does get hot. I've actually never worn boots before in the summer so maybe I can just try it out. RO ones I want aren't going to be at the ankle so ima be uncomfortable, maybe.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in the northeast, but the weather does get hot. I've actually never worn boots before in the summer so maybe I can just try it out. RO ones I want aren't going to be at the ankle so ima be uncomfortable, maybe.
I think you'll be fine but I've only worn ankleish boots. My Aldens from a few years back were pretty damn heavy. But make sure you get some good socks too, during the summer it's honestly all about what types of socks you wear.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
+1 on this. They're hard to destroy (for the most part) and you can get a lot of mileage out of them. Ex- a nice leather jacket.
IMO knits are kind of iffy on joining the above. You can generally go cheap on some knits (basic Vs and crews) and then occasionally grab some more interesting knits.

Though on the other hand this. It's easy to go plebe on everything else if you can find good options for them. It works great for mellow b/c he can get away with uniqlo for pants and buttondowns... but that isn't true for alot of people.
I'm yet to find a cheap option for either... the closest being H&M for cheap dress shirts.

I'd sort of add jeans to the list, inasmuch as you can get a good amount of mileage out of a good pair of jeans, but that's also me being kind of a denim nerd. Also, you can potentially go mid-market (APC) or cheap (Uniqlo) if the cuts work for you and you find the denim and details acceptable.

I can't stand H&M dress shirts. Every shirt I've bought from them had super-low armholes and short sleeves, so I'd have to buy an L just to get the sleeves long enough (although they'd still shrink after a machine dry). Also, the collar always seems to warp on me after washing and drying.

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Plebe + tailor = your plebe **** fits perfectly.

If all you care about is fit, I (mostly) agree. You're still going to have differences in drape, patterns, and materials, and some cheap stuff is so awful from the get-go (see: H&M dress shirts) that it's not worth it.

Originally Posted by nicelynice

Shiny boots + rubbing alcohol + spray bottle --> win. Strips the lacquer right off, and you can keep the leather from getting messed up by conditioning it as soon as it's dry (not that you'd necessarily want to do this to an expensive pair of boots).

Originally Posted by mike868y
what is sf's opinion on ringer t's?

They almost always make you look younger than you are (or like you're trying to look younger than you are).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads