Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Yeah, i'm with AR_SIX on this- no bumps will suck hard. I like the sufu once a day bump rule, works well.

sufu's rules do not work well. it's an absolutely atrocity to look through

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ill give u $66 and a pack of newports

done, ill pm you my paypal[​IMG]

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

wow fok, i think you could've handled that better tbh :\\ though his last response was unnecessary

also i'm not sure what that new B&S will look like but it doesn't sound promising from your description.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That would completely ruin most sales threads given that people don't use the B&S like that at all. But okay, I'm sure you've thought this through. Sufu b&s ahoy.
    ya single item thing doesn't make sense, sf on that cashcow concept
    You guys didn't read the part about the bulk uploader. The bulk uploader will allow people with a bunch of stuff to sell to essentially enter multiple items simultaneously. Pictures can be uploaded directly, or you can embed them into the body of the description, or both, depending on what the seller prefers. It's not going to be a cash cow. There are much better ways of making money. We expect this to account for less than 3% of forum revenues. Probably closer to 1.5%, based on current and projected revenues. It should pay for itself by, say, 2015. The new system is supposed to make the system friendlier for both sellers and buyers, alleviate moderation, and get rid of some wierd rules. The system will be field driven, so in addition to the descrptive title, the buyer will be able to see prices, sizes, and a thumbnail of the item in question. Although it won't be ready at launch, a gallery view is in the works. Yeah, we've thought of a lot of stuff, and we've come up with something we think that you guys will like. However, we are just 2 guys + a development team + mods, and we can't think of everything. So, we will be inviting a group of core users (AR_Six, expect a PM) who we think will give useful, constructive, criticism to test the system, probably in a few weeks. The ultimate goal would be to have a system that combines the best of Amazon and Ebay, at a base price of $0.

5. LA Guy

wow fok, i think you could've handled that better tbh :\\ though his last response was unnecessary

also i'm not sure what that new B&S will look like but it doesn't sound promising from your description.

I'll invite you to test it too, so that you can fake buy yourself some Uggs, or fake sell them. The idea is to have an easily searchable system that will be easy for both buyers and sellers to use.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

well i have to say for one, i am glad most if not all the functions work when posting on the b&s forum i.e. color, font type, size, bold etc. and I also like how you can upload photos without a cap on each post. (maybe there is a limit but seems pretty high compared to other forums)

7. Meis

Meis Senior member

while we're talking about B&S...

Seriously... how difficult is it to read a FS thread before pm-ing a seller? Guy on another forum asks me in a pm "what size do these shoes equate to in X brand". Really? you couldn't read the short 3 line description where I explicitly said that I think they = to size 40 in brand X. I mean cmon, it says exactly what you're asking.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I don't know but i don't know how many people browse by searching like amazon. I just like to skim once a day and see what's out there. I know a lot of the changes and rules are because of the MC guys who take advantage of the forum not having ebay like fees and try to run businesses or money making ventures through the site as opposed to most the sw&d guys who are just swapping clothes around they're tired of wearing.

Almost wish we could just have different rules for different subforums

Not exactly sure how it will look for the buyers though. For the sellers, it seems relatively easier i suppose but not a big deal since you can multiupload to imgur or whatever and just post the links. Most sw&d guys aren't selling 100 items at a time like the MC professional salesmen.

I'm just hoping i can still just log on and browse new threads. Maybe have an option to sort by thread start date? That would be awesome actually for finding the new threads once a day. I'm willing to see the changes though. I just want the internet to revolve around me. Not a lot to ask imo

9. LA Guy

sounds great, i await these features. but aren't people right now making their listings based on a market driven cost-benefit analysis? right now i would say this is a dutch auction. nothing wrong with this, but i like the ideas you put out.

when is the new system going to be in place? sounds promising

That would completely ruin most sales threads given that people don't use the B&S like that at all. But okay, I'm sure you've thought this through.

Sufu b&s ahoy.

Yeah, i'm with AR_SIX on this- no bumps will suck hard. I like the sufu once a day bump rule, works well.

sufu's rules do not work well. it's an absolutely atrocity to look through

We've actually been doing some informal polling, both here and on the MC forum. Most of the preliminary response has been positive, but obviously, not everyone is enthused. Our goal is to show the naysayers that the new system will actually be a benefit to everyone.

10. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^^ I always use searches. Browsing leads to nice surprises every now and then, but I generally know what brands/items I'm looking for, and search is much better for that imo. Especially true on sufu where threads move around like crazy.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Would love to see it LA Guy. I do a lot of forum-related work so i hope I can help a bit. Also planning on setting up a better marketplace system at my own forum this year since everyone in the Japanese fashion community is still using fucking Livejournal.

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Would love to see it LA Guy. I do a lot of forum-related work so i hope I can help a bit. Also planning on setting up a better marketplace system at my own forum this year since everyone in the Japanese fashion community is still using fucking Livejournal.

god. this still exists?

13. LA Guy

well i have to say for one, i am glad most if not all the functions work when posting on the b&s forum i.e. color, font type, size, bold etc. and I also like how you can upload photos without a cap on each post. (maybe there is a limit but seems pretty high compared to other forums)
    I think that you would be able to upload something like 5 or 6 pictures per item. Within the description, you can go nuts and post as many pictures as our servers will support. I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to do all the stuff with color, font type and size, etc... within the description.
    I don't know but i don't know how many people browse by searching like amazon. I just like to skim once a day and see what's out there. I know a lot of the changes and rules are because of the MC guys who take advantage of the forum not having ebay like fees and try to run businesses or money making ventures through the site as opposed to most the sw&d guys who are just swapping clothes around they're tired of wearing. Almost wish we could just have different rules for different subforums
    We've toyed around with this idea. It may be possible to actually do this (I have to get back to the developers about this,) but I'm not absolutely sure, and for the time being, we will probably . It may be possible to have different usergroups (say premium seller SW&D vs premium seller MC) for with different different subfora. Like I said, we are not looking to make money from this at all. Without insertion fees, it will probably take a few years just to recover our development costs. This is really to enhance both buyer and seller experience and make the B&S move at warp speed. Jet keeps to thinking fees are a good way for fora to make money. I'm going to tell you, straight up, that this is not the case. Subscriptions fees are generally terrible, and earn no money, while driving away traffic. Forums thrive on traffic. So, we want our B&S to become the easiest place for buyers to navigate, for sellers to post, and for turnover to be unimaginably high. i.e. if you are not on 24/7, you are going to miss out on the most amazing deals for the hardest to find, most desirable items. I'll ask about different fees for different subfora, though our inclination is to have the same rules for everyone to start with. The fees will be pretty minimal in any case - much less than the 5% price drops, that's nearly guaranteed. As you can see below, the different numbers of views will make it so that sellers who choose to not use the premium options will not be disadvantaged, though obviously, those who do will get great value for very little.
    The buyer experience will be greatly enhanced. You will actually be able to view by last edited, newest listings, most recent reply price (highest to lowest or lowest to highest). In addition, you will be able to read the beginning of an item description without having to click on the thread (this will actually be beneficial to the smart seller as well).

14. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

please add the option to close your own threads for items that have sold. i hate necro bumps and idiots who think items from 2008 are still for sale today.

15. LA Guy

Oh, also, user feedback. You'll be able to see if a seller has positive feedback, and what that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.