Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

first morning it's really been warm enough to wear just a tank...heaven

2. Meis

Meis Senior member

the weather is going crazy here- Thursday and Friday the wind-chill barely broke 40.... tomorrow the high is over 80.

3. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Hi, Daniel, would you accept $65 shipped? I'm in Canada btw. I know my offer is way lower than what you ask for, but an offer is an offer and you can get some cash for your other purchase. Let me know, please. Thank you!

Best Regards,

<NAME>

is this acceptable to anyone[​IMG]

talking about the lanvin pants in my sig

ill give u $66 and a pack of newports

4. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

finally completing my transition into womanhood

(i had a hydrocele removed)

warning: do NOT gis 'hydrocele' [​IMG]

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

finally i can go play outside [​IMG]

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

LMAO, my dad had this like 20 years ago. Are you gonna give up your 3" rise stretch jeans or what?
    well actually now that my bulge is much smaller they'll fit even better once i'm healed :3 just added a bunch of stuff to my sales topic (not that anyone here would be interested)

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^^Meh, just how things are nowadays. No interest in my Jil cashmere that is a little over $100.
    ridic

8. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

I love when they try to present some rational (in their minds) justification for their lowballing. I had one dude years ago tell me that "his friend" had the same thing and said it was worth $XX. Or I see it's not selling so I will offer you half of your asking price logic.

honestly, i dont mind hagglers but this was outrageous.

ive dropped them numerous times. the price is more than fair for unworn/un-hemmed brand new pants. they are lanvin and featured on the runway, if you cant afford it buy j crew *cue jetdawg

it's funny, but at the same time the market is the market. why don't you guys sell on ebay instead?

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

the market is the market, but it's ridiculous when you are selling an item for $600 and you get a PM saying &quot;hey, i'll take right now for $200. get at me with ur ppal!&quot;

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

delete. The sense of entitlement on B&S is pretty funny at times.

Speaking of, here is a PM exchange I had a few days ago (note, I did not personally forumban this person[​IMG]

Me:
    Him:
    Me:
    Him:
    Me:
    Him:
    I then banned him. I mean, wtf? You actually knew the rule, and decided that you would change it to something more to your liking. And then you get pissed that I'm not sympathetic? Then you decide to insult me? Good luck selling your Yoox credit, asshole. Try Ebay. You can set the price however you want, but the final value fee is 9% these days.

On a related note, the 5% pricedrop rule will not be in effect under the new system. Instead, there will be no bumps, period. Every thread will be for a single item, so it will be easy for buyers to search listings using tags and categories. There will be a bulk uploader for people who want to sell multiple items. You can temporarily buy into different user groups that will allow you to bump your threads at specific intervals, for the duration of your temporary membership. You can also buy things like bolded (or otherwise more visible) listings. We are also working on a featured items option, that will take the place of the pinned threads, but that is probably not going to be there at launch.

Hopefully, this will get rid of inflated starting prices, and the market will be more "natural" as people decide make their listings based on a more market driven cost-benefit analysis.

11. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

sounds great, i await these features. but aren't people right now making their listings based on a market driven cost-benefit analysis? right now i would say this is a dutch auction. nothing wrong with this, but i like the ideas you put out.

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

when is the new system going to be in place? sounds promising

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Instead, there will be no bumps, period. Every thread will be for a single item, so it will be easy for buyers to search listings using tags and categories.
    That would completely ruin most sales threads given that people don't use the B&S like that at all. But okay, I'm sure you've thought this through. Sufu b&s ahoy.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

lol @ wikilawyering hahaa not like he can't just re-register

ya single item thing doesn't make sense, sf on that cashcow concept

15. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Yeah, i'm with AR_SIX on this- no bumps will suck hard. I like the sufu once a day bump rule, works well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.