• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's good advice. don't ship with bad shipping. the burden always falls on the seller, so why would you take a risk? only ship with priority/delivery confirmation/insurance. if international it might be worth it to use express. don't ship to countries with weird customs or bad postal systems.

there should be a guide to selling stuff on here.

pfurey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE

there should be a guide to selling stuff on here.

51UMn2wwm-L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still trying to file my tax returns and it's a mess because my parents already tried to claim me as a dependent
ffffuuuu.gif
This might be slightly advantageous because I realized I didn't have all my W-2 forms, but still it's been a headache to deal with. Worthless classes like State History should be cut from high school and replaced with basic "Taxes/Credit Card/loans/finances" class.

/fashion related note, could've picked up some cool stuff with my return now I have to wait some more...

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
I only ship Priority Mail internationally. It's costly, but if they want to buy it they will have to fork over the extra dough. It gives peace of mind to both parties, and I don't understand why people would want to cut that tiny bit of money for tracking. US - Canada Priority tracking is actually very good.

its a big difference if we're talking shipping to a foreign country other than Canada... especially if the item has some weight. Also USPS doesn't do tracking to some countries no matter what shipping you use.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how much it costs, the buyer should be used to shipping costs anyways. Complaining about higher prices because of shipping inclusion when you live in a country that's far from everything is dumb.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
its a big difference if we're talking shipping to a foreign country other than Canada... especially if the item has some weight. Also USPS doesn't do tracking to some countries no matter what shipping you use.

Express Mail International is always tracked as far as I know. I've shipped to 4 continents

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I been lookin at pocket squares what's wrong with me?

Got suede c&j's on order, about to get some nice mc trousers, etc.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
Express Mail International is always tracked as far as I know. I've shipped to 4 continents
I never use express... but I remember a month or two ago I was at the post office shipping something priority int'l to Australia and when I went up to the counter with the paperwork the guy at the counter just tossed the tracking stuff aside and told me it wasn't available on packages to AUS. Also, even if it is available for express mail... express is going to be pretty expensive for most items and won't make sense to use if it isn't a $$$ item. Ex- if you're shipping a cheap pair of shoes Int'l express shipping can end up costing as much as the buyer is paying for the item itself

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Still trying to file my tax returns and it's a mess because my parents already tried to claim me as a dependent
ffffuuuu.gif
This might be slightly advantageous because I realized I didn't have all my W-2 forms, but still it's been a headache to deal with. Worthless classes like State History should be cut from high school and replaced with basic "Taxes/Credit Card/loans/finances" class.

/fashion related note, could've picked up some cool stuff with my return now I have to wait some more...

Actually, worthless classes like that should be replaced with classes like world history, geography, "Introduction to logic" (most of the "logical thinking" I read here and on other forums is far from,) or introductory classes in physical chemistry, modern physics, modern biology - though I think that the number of teachers who could teach any of these classes competently are probably quite low.

Education is meant to expand the mind, not teach a bunch of bullshit skills. If you can't figure out, on your own, how to manage your personal finances and properly file your taxes, you are probably too dumb to breathe.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone should take Intro to Logic. It's common sense for some, but others apparently just don't get it.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

Education is meant to expand the mind, not teach a bunch of bullshit skills. If you can't figure out, on your own, how to manage your personal finances and properly file your taxes, you are probably too dumb to breathe.

+1

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I been lookin at pocket squares what's wrong with me?

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads