Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Probably just fucked up a really solid friendship. I'm a moron.

was she worth it?

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

lol this is retarded did he get his name (Joey ?) on the shirt ? It reminds me of kids who go get kewl tattoos of chinese characters only to find out they have "jerk" written permanently on their skin...

You don't know Unknown Pleasures? Not sure if you had any hipster cred stowed away somewhere, but I think you might've just flushed it all down the toilet.

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

[​IMG] from 1968... little did they know 2000 would mark just the beginning....

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

If it's REALLY a solid friendship, then it can't be fucked up. Just talk it out. Hang in there little guy.

no pun intended right[​IMG]

after searching for good tees, i think im just going to stick with rick and doma.

silent is kinda underwhelming. quality is shotty in my experience. all 3 have holes (ordered from guilt[​IMG] ) i had to stitch an eyelet into the bicep of the long sleeve because there was a hole that kept on getting bigger. looks like the "coming soon" logo now[​IMG]

also, after reading that all the patterns are still developed by rick, i feel like i am paying for something more original. ...marketing ploy, dunno??

but i feel if im going to fork out 150 for a "designer" tee it may as well be original in design/material.

:/

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

There's a story to be had here.

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

after searching for good tees, i think im just going to stick with rick and doma.

silent is kinda underwhelming. quality is shotty in my experience. all 3 have holes (ordered from guilt[​IMG] ) i had to stitch an eyelet into the bicep of the long sleeve because there was a hole that kept on getting bigger. looks like the "coming soon" logo now[​IMG]

also, after reading that all the patterns are still developed by rick, i feel like i am paying for something more original. ...marketing ploy, dunno??

but i feel if im going to fork out 150 for a "designer" tee it may as well be original in design/material.

Not sure why or how but gilt silent order I got was trash and fell apart, got a different order from another stockist and it seems far better quality

7. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I know we all purchase things because we love them and regardless of price and such for whatever the item is, but $150 on tees? Seriously? What ARE you looking for in a tee that is making the quest so difficult?

I was just in my local Nordstrom Rack and happened upon some slubby slim fitting tees from some obscure brands made in Peru for like $12-15 each. I also have a few BDG tees in my arsenal that do the job and were also cheap from the hated Urban O. Hell, I even tried on some Penguin tees that fit nice and slim too and although they have a goofy logo on the bottom, it's hardly noticeable and I might snatch anyway. It's a friggin' tee right?

Why not check out some Sunspel tees too? Still like $90 plus, but they usually hit sales.

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

this conversation is an excellent time to plug the link in my sig, though the project seems to be failing due to lack of interest

9. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

I know we all purchase things because we love them and regardless of price and such for whatever the item is, but $150 on tees? Seriously? What ARE you looking for in a tee that is making the quest so difficult?

I was just in my local Nordstrom Rack and happened upon some slubby slim fitting tees from some obscure brands made in Peru for like $12-15 each. I also have a few BDG tees in my arsenal that do the job and were also cheap from the hated Urban O. Hell, I even tried on some Penguin tees that fit nice and slim too and although they have a goofy logo on the bottom, it's hardly noticeable and I might snatch anyway. It's a friggin' tee right?

Why not check out some Sunspel tees too? Still like $90 plus, but they usually hit sales.

BDG tee's from a couple years ago right? Those were actually pretty good quality. I have 2 that I bought 3 years back and they're holding up perfectly fine. Last time I went to a UO (it was maybe a year ago), I felt their BDG tees and the quality was FAR worse .. they were thinner than tissue paper [​IMG] .

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Not sure why or how but gilt silent order I got was trash and fell apart, got a different order from another stockist and it seems far better quality

well i have one on order from the silent group buy. ill wait and see before i buy any more.

tonio, im looking for cut/drape/material all in a comfortable long sleeve shirt. tired of wearing button downs, want to wear more sweat shirts and tees for their respective seasons.

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

new topic. juun j: Chest 41.25"/105cm Shoulder 19"/48cm

what size would you peg this as??

12. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

this conversation is an excellent time to plug the link in my sig, though the project seems to be failing due to lack of interest

That's unfortunate; I was hoping some kind soul would step in with measurements on Silent tees.

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Large maybe?

yeah 50. only one player??[​IMG]

it seems like a medium from those measurements, doesnt it?? american med anyway...

15. Garbage Mouth

Garbage Mouth Senior member

[​IMG] Any guesses on ID'ing this watch? Looks interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.